Struggling to figure out where to go to get the luck of the Irish? Search for your pot of gold no more—here are some great places to eat Irish stew, drink Guinness and be merry on St. Patrick’s Day in L.A.!
- Plan Check Kitchen + Bar is serving up shamrock-centric specials from Thursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20, so Angelenos have a little extra (recovery) time to indulge in the restaurant’s amped-up comfort creations. Executive Chef Ernesto Uchimura will serve up Pastrami Nosh— double-smoked pastrami, melty Swiss cheese, kimchi mustard, pickles, and a sunny fried egg—a Pastrami Burger—beef patty, pastrami, melty Swiss cheese, pickles, kimchi mustard, and a panko-crusted crunch bun—Pastrami Gravy Fries—beef tallow fries, pastrami bits, pastrami gravy, melty Swiss cheese, and chopped pickles— as well as Jameson Grasshopper Milkshakes which blend vanilla ice cream with Jameson, minty grasshopper cookies, and plenty of whipped cream.
Manhattan House’s head chef, Diana Stavaridis, is creating a limited-edition Corned Beef Reuben featuring their in-house baked bread, Korean corned beef and kimchi, pickled in chili aioli. Additionally, guests who come in the restaurant wearing any green article of clothing will also receive a free scoop of a special edition Guinness-infused ice cream with a purchase of any food or drink item. The South Bay gastropub will also feature various drink specials throughout the evening. In addition to their extensive draft beer selection, guests can also honor the Irish by ordering a shot of Jameson with their draft beer for only $10. The bar will also offer an “Irish Mule,” a thematic take on the classic Moscow Mule, containing Jameson, ginger beer and lime.
- In celebrate of its 80th St. Patrick’s Day, the iconic Tom Bergin‘s is throwing a heck of a party. Guests will be treated to a Guinness truck pouring Guinness, Guinness Blonde, Guinness IPA, and Harp Lager on tap. In addition to the Guinness selection, Magners Irish Cider and Coors Lite (served in cups that turn green when beer is poured in them) will all be $8 a pint, with $10 cocktails such as Tom Bergin’s iconic Irish Coffee, Old Fashioneds, Irish Car Bombs, and Whiskles (a pickleback with Tullamore DEW and housemade pickle juice). A special St. Patrick’s Day “Shamrock Hour” from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. will also feature $6 Coors Lite.
Tam O’Shanter is throwing a party that involves green beer and entertainment from Whiskey Sunday, Slugger O’Toole and Ploughboys; guests who enter a raffle might win tickets to a whiskey pairing dinner.
- The Pikey is throwing its fourth annual St. Paddy’s day party, complete with a gourmand’s menu of smoked salmon soda bread, black-and-white pudding, cabbage and boiled bacon with horseradish cream, as well as Guinness ice cream and cookies.
- Wolfgang Puck Spago is serving up a gourmet version of corned beef and cabbage as well as Irish soda bread at his Beverly Hills eatery, Spago.
- Enjoy sweet success at Salt & Straw with its Pots of Gold & Rainbows ice cream, which is filled with Lucky Charms marshmallows.