Jody Levy is the Co-Founder and Creative Director of World Waters | WTRMLN WTR, a beverage company committed to redefining how and what we drink to nourish our bodies and sustain our ecosystem. As an environmentally sustainable and socially conscious beverage company, WTRMLN WTR (watermelon water) is a hot pink juicy drink that is packed with electrolytes, vitamins, lycopene, anti-oxidants, magnesium, iron, L-Cittruline and more. WTRMLN WTR consists of nothing but raw watermelon and a drop of organic lemon juice. No added water, and no added sugar. WTRMLN WTR is cold-pressed and never heated with no additives, no preservatives, absolutely nothing artificial! The mission of WTRMLN WTR is to educate people about why clean healthy eating is so important for the health and sustainability of our communities. The company, which retails at every major supermarket including Whole Foods, is clearly a success story. Here is where Levy, an entrepreneur, artist, creative director, designer, producer and educator from Detroit who lives in New York City, comes up with her multimillion dollar ideas.
- Liquid Love! My half full bottle of WTRMLN WTR is always in reach to fuel my body and brain. WTRMLN WTR is packed with electrolytes and boosts mitochondrial function – the energy centers of the cells – so I drink to stay hydrated and energized working, working out, going out, you name it. As the founder and creative director of our brand I am always playing with experiential ways to tell our story .. we are super clean, good for you, sexy as hell and lots of fun. Hence the seeds pack business cards that invite people to plan our seeds, wearable pins, and my current obsession our new watermelon super balls .. seen scattered here and all over my world. You can see the initial sketches for our logo design always in front of my computer reminding me of the process and the epic adventure.
- Always a stack of inspiration … I have stacks of books on and around my desk always. My stacks always blend everything from design and fine art to spirituality, wisdom and wellness. Here we have a blend of Yayoi Kusama .. my favorite visual artist, The Songlines about the aboriginal culture of native Australia, The Cosmic Serpent, BOLD, and always my tarot.
- My first love in life is my artwork and creative expression. I am a painter. While I create arge-scale paintings and installations, during the day as I think and work on my businesses I study small. My bamboo brushes and ink are always within reach to work through a concept and expression. My notebooks are filled with musings and ideas that comes as I flow through each and every day. There are stacks of them. Some are notes jotted as I go. Some are dedicated to topics of healing and wellness and inspiration.
- As an artist it is the work of my friends that keeps me inspired. As a collaborator I am often working with them co-creating. Seen here is a stencil by my close friends and New York street collective In Pursuit of Magic. We recently completed a 10 story painting of these profound and inspiring words on the side of our building that reads IN PURSUIT OF MAGIC from the city streets. On the other side of our building is a mural titled The Empire of Love by my friend and profound artist Shrine. It spans the same 10 stories and is an all white mural that is made of spells of love and magic. WTRMLN WTR surrounded by Love and Magic! A study for the mural is on my desk in red.
- I love helping humans and as a business woman I ‘get involved’ in many projects. One of my favorites is a new medicinal mezcal company called Gem and Bolt. The hand painted white skull bottles pictured here.