With the World Cup just next month, Miamians get ready because if you and your G5 wont be able to make it to Brazil, Haute Living brings you five fabulous options on where to watch ‘futbol!’
Traymore Restaurant and Bar at the newly opened Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, the inaugural hotel property in the U.S by COMO Hotels and Resorts, is uniting soccer fans throughout South Florida with its own celebration of the FIFA World Cup in Brazil. From Thursday, June 12th to Sunday, July 13th, 2014, the coveted new hotel restaurant on Collins Avenue will be broadcasting each match during the World Cup within its own private dining room area for soccer fans and food enthusiasts to enjoy on an especially installed giant screen. Executive Chef Jonathan Lane has created an exquisite tapas menu that will form the perfect accompaniment for attending soccer fans. Reservations at Traymore Restaurant and Bar can be made by calling 305-695-3600, by emailing [email protected] or via Open Table. Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach is located at 2445 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140.
The Dutch: In tribute to the bold flavors of Brazil, Executive Chef Conor Hanlon is preparing an internationally inspired Mini Mixed Churrasco – choice cuts of chicken, pork and beef marinated in a traditional mix of garlic, olive oil, lime and oregano and grilled over an open flame, served with chimichurri sauce. Accoutrements include steamed rice and black bean soffritto cooked in a fragrant stock with carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Chef Hanlon’s World Cup specialty dish will be available à la carte ($32) at The Dutch, Living Room and WET poolside. The Dutch is located inside W South Beach Hotel & Residences, 2201 Collins Avenue, in Miami Beach. For more information or to book the Timeout Getaway Package, please call 1.877.822.0000. Package must be booked seven days in advance. For reservations at The Dutch, please call (305) 938-3111 or visit www.thedutchmiami.com.
Meat Market: During World Cup games and for the duration of the competition, Meat Market will offer an International Happy Hour menu at the bar. The 32 nations competing for the FIFA World Cup Trophy will be represented on the libations menu, with selections including:
- Homemade Leblon Brazilian Cachaca Caipirinha Pitcher ($30)
- $7 Glasses of Wine: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Australian…
- Half Price Beer: Belgium, Korea Republic, Netherlands…
- $7 Specialty Cocktails: Pimm’s Cup (England), Highland Sandia (Mexico)…
- American Wagyu Bacon and Cheese Slider with Meat Market Fries
Meat Market is located at 915 Lincoln Road. For reservations, please call (305) 532-0088 or visit www.meatmarketmiami.com.
Oak Tavern: Show your futbol spirit at Oak Tavern and enjoy country-inspired drinks as you witness the most anticipated soccer games of 2014. Beginning June 12, the restaurant will be featuring a World Cup Caipirinha cocktail in honor of its host Brazil, as well as specially priced $5 A-Z libations paying homage to competing teams including Aguardiente – Colombia; Fernet & Coke – Argentina; Gin & Tonic – England; Tequila & Sangrita – Mexico; and Gin Tonic – Spain. Pair your refreshing drinks with a bite and watch all the games on HD widescreen at Oak Tavern’s communal table. Oak Tavern is located at 35 NE 40th Street in Miami’s Design District. Telephone: (786) 391-1818.
HaVen South Beach: South Beach’s premier gastro lounge will transform into a true haven for futbol fanatics for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The revered hangout for locals and tourists alike is encouraging fans to join the staff and come decked out in their favorite team’s uniform, along with face painting live all night at every game to support your country’s colors. For fuel to root on your team, Executive Chef Todd Erickson is creating a special menu paying homage to the host country Brazil:
- Green & Yellow Roll (Brazil Roll): Hamachi + Cucumber + Pickled Daikon + Yuzu Tobiko + Jalapeño Masago + Wasabi Kewpie ($11)
- World Cup Burger: prime beef + chimichurri + gruyere + onion rings + fried quail egg ($12)
- Tater Tots: balsamic catsup + Maytag bleu cheese ($8)
In addition to the delectable bites, the restaurant has teamed with Veev Acai Spirit of Brazil to create specialty cocktails inspired by the top ranking World Cup teams.
HaVen is located at 1237 Lincoln Road in Miami Beach. Telephone: (305) 987-8885.
OR, How about a weekend stay for the ultimate viewing party at one of Miami’s hautest hotels?
Fontainebleau Miami Beach invites guests and locals to experience a world-class stay during the 2014 World Cup without missing any of the action. The revered hotel, a landmark of style and sophistication, proudly announces an exciting roster of exclusive offerings and partnerships, making Fontainebleau the ideal destination to enjoy the games and events for those who cannot make it to Brazil.
Viewing Pool Parties & Dining
From oceanfront viewing parties on a giant screen and themed entertainment, to signature cocktails and traditional Brazilian cuisine, Fontainebleau offers food and beverage options that perfectly complement World Cup:
- Glow Bar & Arkadia Pool: A poolside viewing party boasts a 14’x24’ screen placed above the Arkadia Pool. Entertainment and complimentary items, such as banners, bags, t-shirts, and soccer balls, will be available.
- La Cȏte: Get in the spirit with three signature Brazil-inspired Leblon cocktails (Leblon Caipirinha, Brazil Coconut Batida, Strawberry Basil Caipirinha) and traditional picanha platters. DJs will also spin in between games, keeping the festivities going. Waitresses will serve complimentary shots of Leblon, while Samba dancers entertain and enchant.
- Solo: Indulge in maracujá and passion fruit flavored gelato as well as soccer themed pastries. Don’t forget to check out the specially made, World Cup themed cake on display in the Chateau Lobby.
- Bleau Bar: All games will air at the bar.
Fontainebleau will host a series of World Cup-inspired events that allow fans to escape the madness of the crowds and enjoy the games in luxurious style. Guests at the hotel can celebrate World Cup with a front row seat at Fontainebleau’s glamorous poolscape by booking one of three private, all-inclusive cabana specials:
- São Paulo Package: For $550 a day, receive two pitchers of Leblon Caipirinha, two food platters including steak and fish tacos, chicken quesadillas, chips and salsa and mixed fruit; and Leblon World Cup swag while relaxing in a Luxury Cabana for six
- Brasilia Package: For $750 a day, enjoy all of the above, as well as a bottle of Grey Goose with mixers while relaxing in a Premium Cabana for six
- Rio Package: For $1000 a day, enjoy all of the above, as well as two buckets of beer while relaxing in a Super Premium Cabana
Guests can also get involved in World Cup action at Tropez Lawn, where soccer equipment is set up for pick-up games. For families looking for age-appropriate options, younger guests can join in on the fun at FB KIDS’. Children ages 4 to 12 can spend action-packed days participating in a variety of outdoor activities, including special soccer games, as well as interactive experiences such as decorating a keepsake soccer ball and jersey.
For additional information about Fontainebleau’s 2014 World Cup specials, visit Fontainebleau.com/worldcup. To reserve a cabana, call 877-446-4219. All prices are exclusive of tax and service charge.