The Miss America Pageant will take plce on January 14th and Haute Living was let in on the behind-the-scenes beauty scerets. Make up artist Marylin Lee has been working the Miss America Pageant with host Brooke Burke for years. Marylin not only perfects Brooke’s look on Dancing with the Stars, but she creates a look for the pageant night that is flaw proof both on stage and off.
Check out her tips below on how to create a beauty queen worthy look with products from ARTISTRY.
Start with Skincare Preparation is a must, comments Lee. Skin serves as the base for your entire look and likewise has an affect on how your makeup will appear, so youve got to start with skincare.
1) Start with a clean face. Apply any peels or exfoliation products the night before so that skin is calm leading up to makeup application.
2) When ready to apply makeup, first pat an eye cream around eyes. A light formula like that of ARTISTRY Creme LuXury Eye works well and can be used 360˚ around the eye. Next, youll want to massage in a facial moisturizer and allow it to penetrate the skin for at least five minutes before makeup application.
3) The best secret is to apply eye makeup first, allowing you to then clean up any flakes from eye shadow that may fall on the skin. To start, use a dab of concealer on eye lids as a primer and then lightly powder the lids.
4) Next, apply ARTISTRY Eye Colour in Bone under the brow bone and blend down to your eyes crease.
5) Using ARTISTRY Lavish in Cashmere Eye Shadow Trio in Coco Brown, apply the matte brown shade in the crease of the eye.
6) Apply the copper brown shade on the eye lid blending from the lash line up to the crease and just past, so that theres not a hard ending line. Then, using a damp brush, dip into the copper brown and apply over the lid to intensify the color. Also apply this color damp under the lower lash line as an eyeliner.
7) Next, line the top lash line with ARTISTRY Automatic EyeLiner Pencil in Ebony, creating a thicker line toward the outer eye.
8) Dampen a small brush and use it to apply the white shimmer color from the Lavish in Cashmere Eye Shadow Trio into the inner corner of the eyes, applying in a V shape.
9) Curl lashes, but dont apply mascara quite yet.
10) Clean any flakes from eye shadows that may fall on your skin by using a damp sponge or Q-Tip.
11) Apply ARTISTRY Hydrating Foundation. Tip: Use a slightly darker shade than your skin tone along the hairline, under the cheekbones, and under the jaw line. This helps create a subtle contouring of the face. Blend well.
12) Cover any blemishes or skin discolorations by applying concealer to those spots.
13) Blend a concealer under the eye to brighten the eye area. Tip: Choose a shade just lighter than you normally use to highlight your eyes. Use the same concealer to highlight the bridge of your nose.
14) Set your makeup with a powder to match your skin tone.
15) Apply 2-3 coats of mascara.
16) To create a dimensional look, apply two cheek colors. For example, apply ARTISTRY Lavish in Cashmere Cheek Colour in Soft Rose on the lower part of the cheekbone, then the lighter cheek color in Soft Pink on the top part of the cheekbone.
You can also bump up this look for more drama, adds Lee.
- · Apply ARTISTRY Automatic EyeLiner Pencil in Ebony to the waterline (inner rim) of your eyes. · Brush ARTISTRY 3D Face Powder over the cheekbones and on the neck and upper chest. This gives you just a touch of shimmer. · Create a full pout by switching the lip colour to ARTISTRY Lavish in Cashmere Lip Colour in Pomegranate and top with ARTISTRY essentials Lip Shine in Celestine.