To mark its fifth anniversary as one of Chicago’s most celebrated boutique hotels, in April 2011 The James Chicago will reveal a refreshed look, including updated furnishings, the creation of a more open floor plan, new environmentally-thoughtful services and a selection of updated in-room amenities to provide guests with a “luxury liberated” experience. Inspired by the recent opening of its sister property in New York City, The James Chicago will elevate its modern, residentially-styled aesthetic and further its commitment to state-of-the-art technology and guest-centric services.
Current guest room décor at The James Chicago will be refreshed to further reflect the brand’s hand-crafted, relaxed and residential feel. The overall décor will feature neutral tones and organic materials, such as all natural fabrics on selected pieces of in-room furniture, wood tabletops, and leather and linen upholstered chairs. In addition to new furnishings being added to the décor, the arrangement of existing furniture will be restructured to create more open, usable spaces, particularly in common rooms such as The James Club. In keeping with The James’ commitment to environmental responsibility a triple-filtered water system will be made available in all guestrooms, and, taking a page from The James New York’s book, The James Chicago will be partnering with Harmonic by Intelligent Nutrients, a certified organic, food-based natural beauty line, which will provide all in-room amenities.Also inspired by The James New York, all guest rooms will feature a selection of eco-friendly pillow options provided by Keetsa; and guests looking to experience Chicago on two wheels will be able to borrow from the hotel’s selection of Public Bikes for adults and Paul Frank bikes for children.
To mark its fifth anniversary, The James Chicago is thanking its fans and friends with a specially-created Five of Your Favorite Things package. The components of the package, culled entirely from guest feedback, are the features and amenities most frequently requested and best reviewed by guests of The James Chicago. Fifteen percent of the total package price is donated to The Museum of Contemporary Photography, the hotel’s anniversary non-profit partner.
The Five of Your Favorite Things package includes:
· A complimentary upgrade to a Loft Suite, which comes equipped with a private media room and a free selection of DVDs for in-room viewing
· Two 60-minute signature ASHA Massage at the celebrated Spa by ASHA, featuring guest’s choice of Aveda aromatherapy scents
· In-room Classic American Breakfast for two from David Burke’s Primehouse
· Two Mojito Diegos, the most popular cocktail at JBar, featuring Cruzan Rum, lime and mint foam
· Use of The James Chicago’s complimentary Audi service to take advantage of any of the three chosen cultural activities in the area – 2 for 1 passes to the Museum of Contemporary Art; two tickets to a Steppenwolf Theater performance; or a private tour of the Monique Meloche Gallery
The James will donate 15% of proceeds from your reservation to The Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College Chicago, the hotel’s anniversary non-profit partner. Rates start at $359.
55 East Ontario 312.337.1000. http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx