Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we are featuring Rada Katz, proprietor of Rada Katz Fine Antique and Estate Jewelry, the glittering jewelry box located inside of the fabulous Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco. Not only is Katz a San Francisco socialite and fashionista, she has been in the jewelry business for as long as she can remember. When she’s out and about, she can always be spotted donning the most fantastical jewelry creations. Katz jokes, ” I was probably born with some nice jewelry on!”
This luxe boutique contains unique fine jewelry as well as a variety of antique and estate heirlooms. The boutique also carries up and coming artist and jewelry designers, offering them a platform to showcase their amazing work. Consulting about special orders, helping clients with their jewelry repairs and appraisals keeps Katz pretty busy. Providing exceptional and personalized shopping experience to the well traveled discerning clientele is her goal. “Jewelry is my passion!” she enthuses.
1. Lots and lots and lots of jewelry. My desk is an organized chaos. I make bold statement necklaces using beads and natural stones such as coral, turquoise, agate, quartz and aquamarine to name a few , so there are strands and strands of colorful gems and jewelry making tools on my table at all times.
2. My Lucky Elephant business card holder. He is my store pet and always makes me smile.
3. Fresh flowers. I love sunflowers, pansies and roses the most but any flowers in a nice crystal vase always add liveliness to the store.
4. My Starbucks coffee. I usually get double cappuccinos – they get me through the long days of working hard.
5. My Hermes Birkin. I always carry one around and leave it on the table for easy access – it’s roomy enough to carry all of the necessities for the day and store related work stuff.
6. My computer. Although, I feel that jewelry buying is such a personal experience and run my store with an air of old school approach of making genuine connections with all my clients which helps me further understand their jewelry needs, I believe in the power of social network. I am aways on my computer, emailing, posting new pieces on Instagram, Facebook and the Boutique’s website. This way anyone can shop at Rada Katz Boutique virtually and get something precious to cherish!