If you know anything about Haute Living, you know we settle for nothing but the best, the luxe, and the downright phenomenal. What better way to kick off summer than a guide to the hautest travel essentials.
Let’s start with the flight. If you find yourself prepping for a plane ride, whether its private or first class, here are your must-haves:
- JADEtribe’s Woven Pom-Pom Tote, from the plane to the beach and everywhere in between, at jadetribe.com
- A White+Warren travel blanket, at whiteandwarren.com (comfy cashmere, yes please!)
- Organic Pharmacy’s In Flight Kit, at organicpharmacy.com (perfect for that aching back or the sleepless red eye)
- 21 drops gets you calm, cool, and collected with their Weekender and Travel Well kits. A little rub of this aromatherapy oil will leave your senses in whatever mood you possess, just pick a number, at 21drops.com
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus, at mophie.com
- No one likes airplane food, so get smart with Boxsal, an eco-friendly cardboard picnic box that you can design to feed your fancy in flight, $25 at boxsal.com
- 3floz.com offers sets of mini musts for your getaway, especially the beach essentials set, including Tocca SPF wipes, Air Repair hair spray, and Yes to Cucumber refreshing wipes (pictured).
- Microdry Memory Foam Ultimate Luxury Lounge Pillow will keep you feeling comfortable in air, at mindsinsync.com
Now, we’ve reached our destination. You’ll be good to go as long as you stow these in your luggage.
- Unsure of the weather? a light scarf will do the trick, try Theodora and Callum’s collection of bold prints and bright colors, at theodoraandcallum.com
- One great hat will do you good and that one is Hat Attack’s Raffia Braid Fefora, at Hatattack.com
- Shades for days, perfect aviators from Tommy Hilfiger, at usa.tommy.com
- Viva la Missoni! Meet their headbands: classic zigzag meets gorgeous hues, you can’t go wrong, prices vary at Henri Bendel.
- For a real head turner, get a pair of flops from the limited edition Missoni for Havianas, if you can get your hands on them, at Havaianas.com
- Get your skin primed for the sun! With the Mia Clarisonic, a flick of the wrist and a little vibration will leave you glowing, at clarisonic.com
- Tan the right way with the entire Supergoop! Weekend Essentials Set, a natural, anti-aging and environmentally safe system, at Sephora stores.
- Score the best shades of lacquer from OPI, (in Need Sunglasses and Ya’ll Come Back Now, Ya Hear? pictured.) opi.com Deborah Lippman (Glitter in the Air and Yellow Brick Road, pictured.) deborahlippman.com and Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure (in Shrimply Devine, pictured.) sallyhansen.com
- On a getaway, it’s all about ambiance. Light the night with a sweet smelling travel candle. I recommend Voluspa’s Soleil, at anthropologie.com and Ecoya’s Wild Frangipani, at ecoya.com
- Rehydrate, revive & restore from head to toe with one shot–Suki Exclusive Getaway Travel Kit, it’s all there, at sukiskincare.com
- Keep those tresses tamed from the sun! The Aveda Sun Hair Care collection, at Aveda.com
- Even if you’re not on the sandy shores, you’ll be in the sun. With Chella Day Cream, stay moisturized with 25 SPF, you won’t feel a thing, at chella.com
- With all the running around you’ll be doing, you need not worry about your lips, with NYC lip stain, at www.newyorkcolor.com and John Master’s Organic Lip Calm, at johnmasters.com you’ll be chap free with long lasting color.
- Bobbi Brown’s summer collection is all you’ll need. A little shimmer from her Shadow Options Eye Palette and High Shimmer Gloss, at Nordstrom stores.
Whether your hitting the gym, the streets, or the sand to get your exercise on, you’ll need:
- A perfect gym bag that doubles as a multi-purpose carry-on is thelivewell 360 core, at livewell360.com.
- Lightweight and suitable for any weather, Ibex wear gets you going. Jaci Capri and the Seventeen 5 T pictured, at Ibex.com
- Stay hydrated with the best designer water bottle on the market, S’Well bottle has it all: non-leaching, toxin-free, and are adorable! at swellbottle.com
- Help! My body aches! The collection of Help products is quick to your aid and you’re going to need it after a good run through, at helpineedhelp.com
- Post-work out, keep the sheen to a minimum with Boscia Limited Edition Green Tea Blotting Linens, at Sephora stores.
- Sweat it all out, except your mascara with Urban Decay’s Cannonball Waterproof Mascara, at Sephora stores.
- Stay Fresh, literally–finish up your fitness with a sweet smell still lingering. Try Fresh’s Sugar Lemon eay de parfum rollerball, at fresh.com
And when it’s all said and done and you’re back to reality:
- Keep the beach bum hair alive with TIGI’s Salt Spray, at tigihaircare.com
- The tan remains with Body Perfection Gel, at Henri Bendel and SUPER’s Sun Kissed Tinted Moisturizer with SPF, at Sephora stores.
Stick to the essentials and you’ll be prepped for your own paradise, wherever it may be.