With the first day of fall just a few days away, it’s officially time to put away those short shorts and flip flops. However, one benefit of the turning of the seasons is when the days get shorter, it’s more socially acceptable to start happy hour earlier. In that spirit, here are some great autumn inspired cocktails, recipes courtesy of cocktails.about.com.
Pumpkin Spice Martini
· 1 1/2 oz rye whiskey
· 1 1/2 oz Modern Spirits Pumpkin Pie Vodka or Hiram Walker Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
· 1/2 oz triple sec
· 1/4 oz anise liqueur
· 1 egg white
· 3 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
· Grated nutmeg for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously (to ensure the egg is properly mixed). Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Sprinkle grated nutmeg on top if desired.
· 2 parts Herb’s Rosemary vodka
· 1/2 part pear puree
· 1/2 part lemon juice
· 1/4 part almond syrup
· 3/4 part cranberry juice (optional)
· Sprig of rosemary for garnish
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Apple Pie Martini
· 1 1/2 parts Navan Vanilla Liqueur
· 1 part Belvedere Vodka
· 2 parts apple cider
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· Squeeze of lime
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.