There’s some haute happenings going on over at Masa’s in San Francisco, so we command that our local gourmands pay attention.
Two days ago, on Tuesday, April 20, Chef Gregory Short and team were heating up one big kitchen in the Big Apple as they prepared plates for the esteemed guests of the James Beard House in NYC. As any culinary professional knows it is an honor to be asked to cook at the famed house in New York. And so now it turns out that Chef Short is racking up some karma credit by giving back to the loyal patrons who helped him earn such an honor in the first place. Interested to know what the San Fran team served up for the New York foodies? On April 30, you’ll have your chance to taste for yourself. Chef Short, Pastry Chef John McKee and Master Sommelier Alan Murray will serve the same exact menu and wine pairings that guests of the James Beard House tasted on April 20.
The five-course celebration of the dinner including wines and a plate of hors d’oeuvres per table is priced at $165 per person and will be the only menu served that night.
- Gosset Brut Excelence Champagne
- Dungeness Crab Salad
- Pan Roasted Chickpea Cakes
- Campbridge Cold Smoked Salmon
- “Pad Thai” with Wolf Family Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2008
- Pan Seared Maine Diver Scallops with Wolf Family Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2008
- Sautéed Breast of Central Valley Squab with Wolf Family Cabernet Franc Napa Valley 2004
- Pan Roasted Ribeye of Prime Beef with Wolf Family Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2005
- Crème Fraîche Panna Cotta
If you’re already booked that night and have to tragically miss such a grand opportunity, on May 10, you can try out the Spring Wine Pairing Dinner for $135.
- Asparagus – Green – Purple; Domäne Wachau Grüner Veltliner Austria 2008; Zuani Vigne “Collio Bianco” Collio, Italy 2008
- Pan Seared Massachusetts Day Boat Scallops; Tandem “Ritchie Vineyard” Chardonnay Russian River Valley 2007
- Roasted Ribeye of Prime Beef; Freeman Pinot Noir Russian River Valley 2006; Mount Eden Vineyards “Saratoga Cuvée” Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Cruz Mountains 2006
- Clafoutis; Domaine de Durban Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise 2004
Call 415.989.7154 for reservations and information.