On May 27th Opium Chinatown will host a very special auction to raise funds for to aid relief in Nepal, helping to support those so badly affected by the recent earthquake.
Opium has a personal connection to the tragedy: assistant manager of the venue, Sajesh Shrista is a Kathmandu native and has heard first hand quite how horrific the damage has been to his homeland. As a result the Opium team has decided to pull out all the stops for a decadent event of fabulous cocktails and dim sum, a dj set from London legend Matthew Iovane, and a live auction, with all proceeds going directly to the people of a Barpak in the Gorkha Province.This village was very nearly at the epicentre of the quake and has been almost entirely destroyed, with homes made from just brick and sheet metal levelled in an instant.The whole population is living in tents with very limited access to electricity or clean water, in a situation that needs urgent help.
On the night Opium will serve cocktails at £10 each with £2 from every drink sold going to the chosen charity. Choose either a Chinese Tea Negroni with D1 Gin, the Olmeca Altos Margarita, or an Absolut Grapefruit Collins, and keep vigilant while the auction starts to make sure you don’t lose out on your prize!
Confirmed Auction Lots include:
– Prosecco Dinner for 4 Jerusalem Bar and Kitchen
– Flamenco Show and Dinner for 4 at Salvador and Amanda in Covent Garden
– Use of the private cinema at The Exhibit Balham for you and up to 30 guests
– A personal Japanese Whisky tasting with Niya Martin from Opium – sponsored by Nikka Whisky
– Cocktail Masterclass with our own drinks extraordinaire Bruce Govia
– VIP Voga class and T-Shirts from the House of Voga
With more lots to be announced on the night, a stellar line up of entertainment and plenty of dim sum and cocktails to get you in the mood, it’s time to dig deep and show Nepal some love.