So I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know if Mother Nature has always hated Chicago (our winters would make more sense) or if we have done something recently to really set her off, but she is being really mean these days. After giving us a few solid days of Spring, she just snatched it from us like a bully taking lunch money. There is snow outside my window, actual snow, in the middle of April. Nothing is right about that, nothing at all. Times like these are when you need to find somewhere comfortable to relax and have a drink with friends. And you guessed it, I know a place, actually two. I have two places over the next week or so, one is perfect for a fun night out with friends where I’m sure this bi-polar weather will be among the many discussions to be had, and the other would be perfect for a nice date night. Two nights over a one-week span with two very different vibes, just pick the one that best fits your situation, or both.
SideDoor Firestone Walker Tap Takeover
- · When: April 18, 2014, 5:30-9 p.m.
- · Where: SideDoor (Corner of Rush and Ontario Streets)
- · What: SideDoor celebrates its first-ever Tap Takeover event in partnership with renowned California-based brewer Firestone Walker Brewing Co. where Executive Chef Victor Newgren and his culinary team, alongside Firestone Walker Brewing Co. representative Rob Salitore, features special menu items perfectly paired with expertly selected craft drafts.
- · Cost: a la carte
South Branch Balvenie Whisky Dinner
- · When: April 24, 2014, 6pm
- · Where: South Branch (100 S. Wacker Dr.)
- · What: During Whisky Week Chicago 2014, South Branch showcases a Balvenie Whisky dinner on April 24, during which Brand Ambassador Johnathan Wingo walks guests through varying selections of single-malt Scotch whisky. Starting at 6:00 p.m., guests enjoy expertly paired menu creations of upscale twists on modern American classic cuisine prepared by Executive Chef David Bustamante and his culinary team.
- Cost: $50 (exclusive of tax and gratuity.)