Well all, I’m back from another whirlwind trip to New York – this time for a taping of The Better Show. It’s syndicated, but if you’re not familiar with it, that’s totally understandable – a 7:30 AM airtime is a little early for me! You know me, I like to sleep until I’M ready to get up!
The fantastic hosts of the program, JD Roberto and Rebecca Budig, did an AMAZING feature on my handbag and skincare lines. I also happened to be there when the authors of The Nanny Diaries, Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, were there promoting their new book The First Affair. I loved the Nanny Diaries and always love meeting talented people. Such inspiring young ladies!
I also met with some great fashion and beauty editors where we discussed my skincare products..and my handbags! They loved them all! Phew – that’s a lot of activity to fit into just a few short days! Check them out at www.leablackhandbags.com
Now it’s your turn for a little peek into my brand new product line. It couldn’t come at a better time either! During my visit, the weather in New York was amazing, still a hint of summer lingering before the coming of fall’s dreariness. As we know,the fall season is notorious for wreaking havoc on our skin – even though it is ]continually humid in Miami, that’s not the case for the rest of the world – including the Big Apple. One important step we can all take is to switch from a lighter summer moisturizer to a moisturizing cream.My favorite- Lea Black Beauty Everyday Moisture..its the best!
During my trip, I also went to fashion shows as well as some fashion show after parties. It’s always important to take advantage of the fashion culture when you’re in New York.
I also spent time with my good friend, top makeup expert Edward Cruz. I am so happy to report that Edward will be sharing his fantastic insight every week in my blog.I am so excited and truly blessed to have him on my team. Edward recently participated in New York’s latest Fashion Week and has some more amazing tips for us to stay on top of the latest trends from the top fashion houses.
Here’s his recap of what we will be seeing come this Spring/Summer 2014:
- Fashion Week is always a good way to measure what new trends you will be wearing and seeing on New York City Streets in the coming weeks and months.
- For next Spring the rule is CLEAN. Soft and flexible is the look, something
- universal for any woman to pull of at any occasion, event or time of day.
- Another notable trend among most designers is the use of cheerful lip color.
- Oscar de la Renta, buffed out skin and soft apricots were used on the cheeks
- & lips.
- Ralph Lauren featured flushed pink cheeks and lips.
- Vogue notable newcomer Harbison featured thick brows and a bright
- popsicle lip.
- Prepare your makeup bags accordingly!