London’s 45 Park Lane has been rated the most expensive hotel in the United Kingdom, according to a recent survey conducted by Luxury-Hotels.com.
The survey ranked luxury hotels in the U.K. based on average rates for a standard double room, and prices were determined for the time period of June to August 2012, not considering the Olympic events held in London, which would have distorted the figures for July 27 through August 12.
To stay overnight at 45 Park Lane, located in the posh Mayfair district, guests would have to spend an average of £545 a night for a standard double room. The second most expensive hotel in the United Kingdom is Lanbesborough, located close to Hyde Park Corner, at an average one-night rate of £524.
The top-ten most expensive hotels in the United Kingdom are as follows:
1. 45 Park Lane (London) £545
2. The Lanesborough (London) £524
3. Bulgari Hotel & Residences (London) £499
4. Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons (Oxford) £465
5. Glenapp Castle (Ballantrae, Scotland) £415
6. Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park (London) £407
7. The Connaught (London) £403
8. The Berkeley (London) £379
9. The Dorchester (London) £368
10. Claridge’s (London) £359