The Bay Area culinary scene is buzzing this time of year. Festivals from San Francisco to Napa feature world-renowned chefs, wine makers, and purvyors who showcase their finest. These are three culinary events sure to make for a delightful weekend, from Friday through Sunday.
American Harvest Food & Wine Tasting
Date: Friday, August 19, 2011
Place: Cakebread Estate, Napa, CA
Cakebread Cellars is hosting it’s 25th anniversary gala featuring the nation’s renowned chefs and winemakers. More than 50 alumni chefs and local purveyors as well as the Cakebread family are taking over the entire winery. Taste Cakebread Cellars vintages along with fine artisanal foods, meet farmers and purveyors from around the Bay Area, and taste meals planned and created from local ingredients.
- Tastings of Hog Island Oysters, TCHO chocolate, and local pork and beans are all paired with Cakebread Cellars wines.
- You have the opportunity to talk with the Bay Area’s leading cheese makers: Bellwether Farms, Cowgirl Creamery, and Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.
- Chefs will include the likes of Sujan Murkherjee from the Taj Bengal in India and Ken Frank from La Toque in Napa.
La Coccina Food Festival
Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Time: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Place: Folsom Street between 22-26th streets
Cost: Free entry, but bring cash for vendors. Food passports range from $50 to $150, refer to details below.
La Cocina’s 3rd annual Street Food Festival brings all of the best food (and music) in the Bay Area to one street, once a year, to celebrate the talent, the taste and the entrepreneurial spirit of people who make a living doing what they love to do.
Vendors include La Mar, Namu, Kasa Indian Eatery, Bi Rite Creamery, Three Twins Ice Cream, and many more.
- $50 Passport: Hunker down on the curb for the day and sample $50 worth of food and beverage, 1 free “secret” snack from a street food vendor, 1 additional free beverage of your choice, and a souvenir passport. (A $68 value only available when purchased in advance!)
- $75 Passport: Share the street wealth with your friends when you buy $75 worth of food and/or beverage, 1 free “secret” snack from a street food vendor, 2 additional free beverages of your choice, and a souvenir passport. (A $102 value only available when purchased in advance!)
- $100 Passport: Set yourself up for the whole day with a great value on $100 worth of food and/or beverage, 2 free “secret” snacks from a street food vendor, 2 additional free beverages of your choice, 2 free small bites, and a souvenir passport. (A $150 value only available when purchased in advance!)
- $150 Passport: This fantastic family-friendly option serves up $150 worth of food and/or beverage, 3 free “secret” snacks from a street food vendor, 3 additional free beverages of your choice, 3 free small bites and a souvenir passport. (A $225 value only available when purchased in advance!)
Family Winemakers of California
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2011
Time: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Cost: $65.00 advance sale; $75 at the door
Place: Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA
The annual Family Winemakers of California is a wine connoisseur’s dream not to be missed. This unique event will feature over 300 wineries, Many of the wineries are small, and family-owned, producing under 5000 cases, so ttendees will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of releases, from first vintages to new varietals. The Family Winemakers of Calliforia event is the world’s most comprehensive tasting of California wines.