I’m sitting here, admiring the details that Rolls Royce put into this vehicle, the Phantom Drophead Coupe. Yes, as usual, I’m wondering what killer collaboration can be made with a watchmaker. My conclusion is that Rolls Royce and watchmaker, Maitres du Temps must get together.
With all of the attention to detail that both of these companies present, a collaboration is truly in order. If you can bear to take your attention away from the Phantom and focus on Maitres du Temps, you’ll appreciate this proposed collabo and the timepiece that I think should be considered…
Pictured (and proposed) is the Chapter One, a timepiece with comparable detail, a killer aesthetic and quite frankly, the only timepiece that I can imagine one my wrist if I were so fortunate to own it, and the Phantom of course.
abbreviated specs for this timepiece…
• manual-wind mechanical movement
• one-minute tourbillon at 6 o’clock
• mono-pusher chronograph
• retrograde date indicator at 3 o’clock
• retrograde GMT indicator at 9 o’clock
• day of the week indication on roller at 6 o’clock
• patented precise moon phase indication on roller
• central hands indicating hours and minutes
• 60-minute counter at 12 o’clock
• two-position winding crown: pushed in to wind the watch; pulled out to set the time
• chronograph: start/stop/return-to-zero function activated by single pusher in the crown
Jason Williams is an independent behind the thesogolonmovement.com. The site was launched to catalog and share what he considers to be the coolest, downtempo timepieces ever brought to market.