In keeping with annually anticipated opening night galas, Neiman Marcus Union Square will delight in an “Evening Gown Caravan” from Tuesday, May 4 to Friday, May 7. Preview the latest collection of Fall trends in evening gowns and order the gown of your dreams.
Take note of what to expect and plan your style-centric week around the following schedule of must-have Fall collections from need-to-know designers.
Tuesday, May 4 and Wednesday, May 5
- Beirut-based Lebanese designer Zuhair Murad, designs ethereal gowns fit for royalty.
- Murad’s gowns are distinct in their fluid silhouettes, defined cuts, and elaborate embroidery.
- His designs are worn by the likes of Ivana Trump, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce and Shakira, everywhere from Cannes to the Oscars.
Zuhair Murad’s Fall-Winter 2010-2011 Collection is whimsical with an edgy twist. Neutral colors combine with autumn palettes for a straight from nature to garden-party look. Complementing a woman’s curves, embroidery, lace, branch prints and flowing drapery bring mystical beauty to Murad’s delicate gowns of the season.
- LA-based designer Monique Lhuillier, of wedding gown glory, triumphs the wedding scene with romantic gowns and has infiltrated ready-to-wear gowns that beckon the red carpet.
- Lhuillier’s gowns stand apart with feminine and luxurious detailing.
- Her designs have been worn by Giuliana Rancic, Christine Baumgartner, Britney Spears, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Drew Barrymore, and Kristen Stewart, to weddings and movie premieres alike.
Monique Lhuillier’s Fall-Winter 2010-2011 Collection is super glam, and anything but cliché. Deep autumn colors, like Lhuillier’s garnet and plum colored frocks, bring drama to the season. Lhuillier plays with structure, materials such as lacquered matelassé, and bold prints.
Tuesday, May 4 through Friday, May 7
- British-born, NY-based design duo, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig of Marchesa, combine their talents rooted in costume, print, and embroidery design for Marchesa Collection.
- Marchesa’s gowns are elegant and eclectic with vintage and Asian-inspired influences.
- No red carpet would be complete without a heavenly Marchesa gown on the scene. Marchesa is a favorite label of stylist Rachel Zoe, as well as a slew of Hollywood It-girls, including Blake Lively, Sarah Jessica Parker, Demi Moore, Michelle Trachtenberg, Camilla Belle, Bar Rafaeli, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway, and Olivia Wilde.
The inspiration for Marchesa Fall 2010 is based on the circus travels of 19th-century seductress, Lola Montez. Long, ambrosial gowns with Grecian goddess-like draping in soft colors, like pale pink, nude, and Champagne, rival rebellious minis in dramatic red and black with tattoo prints and razor-sharp ruffles. The Marchesa collection reaches for the stars with shooting star embroidery, grosgrain ribbon, puffed tulle, and feathers.
- Miami-born and based designer Carlos Ramirez, best known for his couture bridal line, hand-crafts exquisite eveningwear fit for any formal occasion.
- Liancarlo gowns are glamorous, alluring, and impeccably tailored.
- The collaboration between Manhattan-based designers Ken Kaufman and Isaac Franco results in sensual, polished, and elaborately detailed fashion for the modern woman.
- KaufmanFranco gowns show how opposites attract with sleek and daring eveningwear contrasting with refined and practical pieces.
- KaufmanFranco dresses are worn across editorial pages and award’s stages on the likes of Megan Fox, Heidi Klum, Kate Beckinsdale, Halle Berry, Zoe Saldana, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Christina Aguilera, and Jennifer Lopez.
KaufmanFranco F/W 2010 line has it all from belted to bejeweled, reminiscent of a sexy take on back-to the future. Whether symmetrical or asymmetrical, celestial, backless gowns, cutout bust lines and sides, off-the-shoulder sleeves and one-shoulder cowl pieces, are all evidence of the labels mastery of precise cuts. The collection goes for an out-of-this-world feel with galactic graphics, shimmering metallic fabrics, and cosmic colors of black, white, silver, grey, and blue.
Thursday, May 6 and Friday, May 7
- Indian-born, American designer Naeem Khan has become a household name known for outfitting ladies of society and women of power in sophistication and elegance.
- Khan’s gowns are chic, ornate, and intricately detailed.
- His gowns have graced high society, including Michelle Obama, Kim Cattrall, Taylor Swift, Penelope Cruz, Eva Langoria Parker and Queen Noor of Jordan.
Naeem Khan’s Fall 2010 collection is gilded in edgy, disco-glam. Materials with golden metallic sheen and silver mirror-work accentuate asymmetrical cuts. Inspired by love, sex, and rock & roll, Khan highlights this season’s gowns with his refined skills for beads, brocade, feathers, fur, and antiqued crystal.
Whether the elegantly engraved invite of the season calls for powerhouse jet setting, philanthropic gallivanting, or any high societal fluttering occasion in between, Neiman Marcus Union Square has the gala-stopping gown. Call 415.249.2793 to make an appointment.