Time flies when you’re having fun! This is especially true when it’s springtime. I love this time of the year; the weather is perfect, the days are longer, and the flowers aren’t the only things blossoming. It feels like it was just yesterday we were finishing our annual charity gala, which took place in October. Since then, we have had the holidays, Art Basel, the Miami boat show, SOBE Wine and Food Festival, and now, I am about to embark on a national tour promoting my first novel, “Red Carpets & White Lies.”
This project became a labor of love that initially started as an idea and something new I wanted to experiment with. I never expected that anyone would actually read it and that—three years later—major publishing house Beaufort Books, would be releasing the novel on a national level. I was thrilled to see the positive, enthusiastic reactions from people I admire and value the fair, honest criticism from people I trust. It was amusing to create a cast of characters in the city I call home, Miami, and put them in a scandalous situation.
Join me at my upcoming book signings scheduled here in Miami at Books and Books, located in Coral Gables, on April 21st at 6:30 pm and Bal Harbour on May 2nd, at 2 pm. If you cannot join me, order a copy through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, or Indie Bound for a fun juicy read – an essential summer accessory.
I want to share with you my top ten summer must-haves and yes, my book is number one!
1. Red Carpets & White Lies – essential summer read!
2. Collection of fun, ocean-themed costume jewelry from Lea Black Beauty
3. The multi-colored Candy Roll clutch available through my website The World of Lea Black, a classy piece with a burst of color ideal for a summer evening.
5. Lots of water
7. An oversized hat to protect from the sun
8. A smoothie a day, loaded with vitamins
9. The latest season of “House of Cards” downloaded on my iPad
10. An overnight bag, packed and ready to go with all the items above