Valentine’s Day is upon us. It is a time to celebrate romance and love. Held on a Sunday this year, the romantic calendar event will see many couples and loved ones express their unwavering love for one another. With the Super Bowl of love occurring on the weekend, you have an entire 24 hours to express your undying love. However, let’s face it. Living up to the hype of Valentine’s Day can be a daunting task. If you’re not the mushy type and have no clue how to celebrate the day, we’re here to help. With the day swiftly approaching, we have mapped out an entire foolproof day to ensure your significant other will feel like the apple of your eye. We’re giving you a great head start, but it’s up to you to bring it home. You’ve got this—you just have to believe.
Begin the year’s most romantic day with gourmet breakfast, bubbly and a bouquet of flowers. Have a trail of petals leading to the bathroom, where a warm bubble bath is waiting. For bubbly, we recommend both Louis Roederer Brut Vintage 2009 Rosé and its coveted Cristal 2007 or Armand de Brignac‘s Brut Gold and Brut Rose. As for bubble baths, opt for Antica Farmacista‘s Prosecco Bubble Bath for the ultimate calming bath experience and a crisp scent celebrating the sparkling effervescence of Prosecco. For a little extra pizzazz, add Ina Dayle’s body scrubs to exfoliate and target impurities. Choose from a number of scrubs like the Mermaid Scrub or the Coffee Time Scrub.
You can order your bouquet of flowers from L’Atelier Rouge. Its Valentine’s Day offerings features a refreshingly new—and luxe—take on the traditional Valentine’s Day red rose bouquets. The offerings include:
- If you are a traditionalist and absolutely must go with red roses….go big! This bouquet is composed of 100 4ft tall long-stemmed red roses.
- The Yves Piaget roses accented with Jasmine might smell even prettier than they look! This variety of rose is known for their intoxicating scent.
- A romantic but gender-neutral arrangement of Amnesia roses and Lady Slipper orchids.
- Completely rose-less! These Clooney Ranuculus have those same lush, fabric-like layers of petals as traditional roses but they’re a fresher, less cliche alternative.
- Hand-tied arrangement of blush pink garden and standard roses finished with satin ribbon. This delicate mix of textures is a sultry, un-done take on the traditional.
Following a relaxing morning, whisk your significant other away for a luxe spa treatment. Choose one or all of our favorite treatments from Oasis Day Spa:
- Chardonnay Scalp Treatment– Oasis knows the calming satisfaction a tall glass of chardonnay has after a long day, and now you can experience the sensation while being relaxed and pampered. During this 30 minute treatment, Warm Moroccan Oils are massaged into the scalp and a hydrating hair mask restores moisture from root to tip. Acupressure points will be worked to relieve sinus pressure during a brief facial massage and the treatment just wouldn’t be complete without some neck stretches and massage for the shoulders with an invigorating Mandarin Chardonnay Lotion from Napa Soap Co. You won’t want to get off the table! 30 Minutes – $70 ($80 value)
- Chocolate Kiss Sugar Scrub and Wrap Combination- Indulge your senses in a good-enough-to eat cocoa and sugar full body scrub and wrap combination. This over-the-top, antioxidant rich treatment will help you say ‘so long’ to dry, winter skin and leave your body feeling pampered and oh-so soft. 90 Minutes – $185
- Sweet Rose Eminence Facial- This luxe Eminence Organic facial is made with real roses and honey, which was created to add vitality, stimulate circulation and increase hydration. This treatment will leave your skin feeling refreshed, refined and radiant! 60 Minutes – $140 (can be upgraded and paired with microdermabrasion for an additional $65)
End the day with a romantic dinner for two. Whether you want a restaurant with exquisite back drops or a classic restaurant, both are ideal for impressing your significant other.
- At the Waldorf Astoria New York’s new upscale Chinese restaurant, La Chine, dinners are transported to a glamorous environment complete with three-tier chandelier, art-deco gilding, hand-painted wall paper and semi-private booths with cherry blossom-inspired latticework separations.
- Guests dining at Hotel Indigo‘s onsite restaurant Mr. Purple located on the 15th floor, can indulge in 360 degree unobstructed views of New York City.
- If you want to opt for classic sophistication, make reservations at the iconic Daniel Boulud flagship restaurant. Daniel Boulud will be offering a four course-tasting menu all weekend.
No Valentine’s Day is complete without, a heartfelt gift that truly expresses your love. Below are one-of-a-kind as well as traditional gifts to say, “I love you.”
We Found Each Other Custom Puzzle: Celebrate the little piece of the wide world where your paths met with this sweet puzzle. Your personalized puzzle displays an aerial view of your unique meeting spot covering an area of one square mile.
Intersection of Love – Photo Print: Honor the moment your paths first crossed with this intriguing, customize art.
Personalized Tree Trunk Glassware Duo: Celebrate your love of wine, beer, or both with these hand-engraved sweetheart glasses.
Personalized Cutting Board: This tasteful keepsake is bound to express your love and also makes a great accent on your kitchen counter when not in use.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries: No Valentine’s Day is complete without freshly made, delectable Godiva Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, hand-packed in a timeless gold gift box and available for same day delivery from local Godiva boutiques.
I Love You Ring: This sterling silver ring, inspired by handwritten letters, say it all.
Gift your lover a Veuve Clicquot call gift box, which lets you record a voice message for the recipient.