Shhh, we’ve got a secret we want to share with you. We know you love Lake Tahoe in the summer and winter, but fall is an equally ah-mazing time to visit as well. Called the “secret season,” this is time of year when the summer tourists are gone, the weather is still to the point where you can get on the beautiful lake as well as hike and bike, you can enjoy getting to know the local businesses because they have more time to connect with you and, because we don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a haute deal, hotels extend special offers. There is no better place to stay than The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, which offers a slew of autumn offerings and activities, beginning with this weekend’s annual Epicurean Weekend.
This spectacular mountain retreat in North Lake Tahoe boasts 170 guestrooms, including 16 suites and The Ritz-Carlton Suite, all with a gas fireplace to keep you toasty when the nighttime temperature dips. If you prefer the conveniences of staying in a residence while on your getaway, the hotel has you covered too. We know you’ll go gaga over the residential suites, available in two-, three- or four-bedrooms, ranging from 1,697 to 2,363 square feet and located on private floors. You’ll have a gourmet kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances, including added conveniences such as a built-in Miele espresso machine and Sub Zero wine chiller, separate dining room and floor-to-ceiling windows offering scenic valley or mountain views, twice daily housekeeping and in-residence laundry. Don’t worry, when you stay in a residence you’ll still have access to all of the wonderful on-site facilities, services and amenities of the hotel, such as the 17,000-square-foot spa, fine dining in the resort’s signature lounges and Manzanita restaurant, in-residence dining, Executive Business Service Center and the vibrant Ritz Kids program.
Here are our five reasons you should make plans to visit The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe now:
1. Advance Purchase Rate: If you’re not a commitment phobic then we suggest you save a few bucks on lodging with The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe’s new Advance Purchase Rate, which is valid through Dec. 17, 2015. Prepay in full and you can stay at this swank hotel for as low as $229 per night. Note that this is non-refundable if cancelled or changed—and based upon availability so act quickly.
2. Signature Spa Treatments for Fall: Offered Monday through Friday through Nov. 30, 2015 and starting at $129 per treatment, choose among the Signature Organic Massage where organic essential oils are used in the massage techniques that will zap the stress right out of you, the Signature Organic Facial where organic ingredients will tone and hydrate, or the Signature Organic Manicure & Pedicure where your hands and feet will glisten after minerals and trace elements exfoliate and free the skin from impurities. And you’ll get to enjoy these treatments in the fabulous 17,000-square-foot Spa and Fitness Center that features separate men’s and women’s relaxation lounges, 17 treatment rooms, an outdoor private spa lap pool, private sauna, steam room, and whirlpool for both sexes, fitness classes and a full-service hair salon.
3. Fall Spa Getaway for Two Package: Because you and your significant other work so hard, you need to make sure you take the time to reconnect. The Fall Spa Getaway package for two is the perfect way. This package includes accommodations in a deluxe guest room, mountain view guest room or suite and each of you will receive a choice of a 50-minute seasonal Signature Spa Treatment per person, per day. Also, you’ll have your resort fee, which includes access to the Spa relaxation areas and in-room Internet access, waived. We love that! This package runs through Nov. 25, 2015 and starts at $429 per room, per night.
4. Flavors of the Fall Menu: Manzanita is where you can enjoy the talents of Chef TK. There’s a three-course prix Flavors of the Fall menu that allows you to indulge in the rich, bold flavors of the season. It’s available Sunday through Thursday through Nov. 19, 2015, from 5:30 p.m. to close, for $45 per person. Add another $20 for wine pairings. We’d be remiss if we didn’t let you know about a couple of other special ways to dine at Manzanita. A wonderful way to experience a more intimate dinner is to reserve The Chef’s Table for up to eight people. Sit back and enjoy this culinary journey that features mountain-inspired California cuisine. Pair that with personal interaction with the chef de cuisine and you’ve got the perfect meal! Another option is the cool Chef’s Tasting Counter for a memorable interactive tapas tasting.
5. Art of S’more: Marshmallows have a way of bringing out the kid in all of us. That’s what we love that The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe lets guests of all ages partake in the “Art of S’more,” which is offered daily with The Ritz-Carlton “Marshmologist” at the outdoor fire pit. You’ll roast house-made marshmallows to perfection—or maybe drop one in the fire pit—and learn about the history of the s’more from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Beginning Nov. 1, due to Daylight Savings, Art of S’more will be from 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.)There are always a few marshmallows flavors offered, adding to the fun.
A comfortable and stylish way to drive to The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, located 200 miles east of San Francisco, is in a Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Luxury. We particularly enjoyed this sleek Santorini Black one with a tan windsor leather interior that is part of the HSE Luxury package, which also includes a panoramic roof, SiriusXM satellite and HD radio, 10-way powered and memory seats, a climate comfort pack with climate front seats and heated rear seats, steering wheel and windshield, front fog lamps, mood lighting, a powered tailgate, navigation center and lots more. Land Rover further enhanced the visual appeal of its latest premium, compact SUV with the launch of the Discovery Sport Dynamic at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Three Bedroom Residence Master
Two Bedroom Residence Kitchen
One Bedroom Suite
Spa Couples Treatment Suite
Bocce ball court
Hiking Brockway Summit
Manzanita Chef's Table