Sustainable yacht operator Ecoventura, who serves the Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands, has unveiled its new luxury liner. Dubbed the MV Origin, the new luxury yacht is slated to set sail in Galapagos January 2016.
While other cruise liners offer luxury amenities, with Ecoventura you can experience a posh personalized voyage. Here are seven haute reasons you should explore the Galapagos Islands on the MV Origin:
- It only accommodates 20 passengers.
- Rather having staterooms positioned between multiple decks, on the MV Origin all staterooms are situated on the main deck.
- No cleaning necessary, cabins will be cleaned twice daily for your convenience. There is also laundry service available.
- Guests have access to a number of kayaks and stand up paddleboards as well as wet suits and snorkeling equipment. Bonus: clear-bottom kayaks give you a different angle of marine life.
- Enjoy cooking demonstrations throughout the entire journey.
- There are two expert naturalist guides and a concierge to attend to all your gourmet style meals.
- Did we say open bar?
Additional features include an indoor and al-fresco dining, a sun deck with a jacuzzi, wet bar, BBQ, social areas, satellite TV as well as a fitness center with cardio equipment. For an additional charge the new luxury vessel will be equipped with a masseuse.
There are 10 deluxe double staterooms roughly 140 square feet. Each cabin has a private bathroom, and two twin beds. Guests can opt to have the twin beds converted into one king bed. Two cabins also have the versatility to accommodate triples. Each cabin is decorated with modern décor with local artwork, fine liners and towels. Passengers are also able to control the climate in his or her room. The bathrooms are stocked with bathrobes, and biodegradable soap and shampoo.
Gourmet food includes international dishes in addition to Ecuadorian and Peruvian dishes.
A perfect trip for nature aficionados, guests will have the opportunity to swim with playful sea lions, snorkel to long cliffs to see tropical fish, sea turtles or penguins, and much more.
Rates for the MV Origin began at $6,300 for triple occupancy and $6,500. It does not include airfare to Galapagos Islands or premium alcoholic beverages.
(Photos via Ecoventura)