Photo Credit: Paul E. Richardson
Napa Valley’s Festival del Sole turns 10 this year and we’ve got 10 reasons you’ll want to make your plans now to attend the festivities, which take place July 17-26 and artfully blend the world’s finest classical, jazz, opera, theater and dance artists with curated culinary, wine and fitness pursuits in Napa Valley’s most iconic settings. Now that the schedule is out, tickets will be going fast so you’ll want to act soon. Here are 10 of the highlights:
- Grammy Award-winning mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato and pianist/composer Jake Heggie open the season with a courtyard recital at the Tuscan-inspired Castello di Amorosa.
- The first annual 5K & 10K Sun Run benefitting Napa County arts education programs
- The Russian National Orchestra performs Beethoven’s immortal Symphony No. 9, conducted by Kristjan Järvi, plus works by Dvorak, Getty, Offenbach, Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky.
- Natalia Osipova, Principal of The Royal Ballet, and Ivan Vasiliev, American Ballet Theatre Principal, perform their acclaimed contemporary program Solo for Two.
- The Annual Festival Gala at Meadowood Napa Valley supports the festival’s innovative programming and arts education with an evening of music and glamour reminiscent of a nightclub during Hollywood’s Golden Era.
- Two performances by internationally acclaimed baritone Dmitri Hvorostovsky, including the show-stopping Moscow Nights, an evening of Romantic classical favorites interwoven with popular music.
- Three admission-free Bouchaine Young Artist Series concerts showcasing the stars of tomorrow at Jarvis Conservatory.
- Taste of Napa, a festival signature event, introduces an exciting new culinary competition to complement tastings from 70 wineries, restaurants and food artisans.
- A celebrity cast takes the stage at Lincoln Theater during Festival Live, an entertaining live script reading of much-loved and classic film scenes.
- Superstar violinist Midori brings the 2015 season to a jubilant close with the beloved Mendelssohn Violin Concerto.
When it comes to Festival del Sole passes, you’ll find a variety of options—ranging from Free Performance Pass to Patrons Pass—to ensure the entire community has the opportunity to experience and enjoy live performances. High rollers will want to splurge on the Patron Pass: Whether for a single day, a weekend or the entire festival, a Patron Pass offers the ultimate Festival del Sole experience. Patron Pass holders enjoy vintner’s luncheons, winery dinners and other exclusive events. Additional benefits include prime concert seating, valet parking, Embraer Executive Jet Lounge access, and concierge services. All Patron Passes include a tax-deductible donation. Evening Patron Pass from $850. Full Day Patron Pass from $1,000. Multi-Day Patron Pass from $2,550. All-Access Festival Passport, $10,000.
To purchase passes, visit www.festivaldelsole.org, call 888.337.6272 or visit the Festival Box Office between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, at 915 Trancas Street, Suite B, in Napa.