Photo Credit: Courtesy Bourbon Steak & Pub
A trip to Levi’s Stadium for a San Francisco 49ers’ game is incomplete without enjoying Michael Mina’s Tailgate experience, which promises to be just as exciting this fall as last year’s inaugural edition. The Michelin-starred chef announced quite the guest lineup of celebrity chefs who will join him in delivering the most expensive tailgate party that is so worth every penny for NFL fans who are also foodies. The fun kicks off on Sept. 14 with three-Michelin starred chef Joshua Skenes of Saison, the state’s most expensive restaurant, continues on with Traci des Jardins of the popular Jardinere and just keeps going with one big-name chef after another until the season ends. Here’s the complete lineup:
- September 14 @ 7:30 p.m. vs. Minnesota Vikings featuring Food & Wine‘s “Best New Chef” and Elite Traveler Magazine’s “15 Most Influential
Chefs of the Next Decade” Joshua Skenes of Michelin Guide 3-star rated Saison and Ryan Farr of 4505 Meats known for his work with Michelin-starred restaurant Fifth Floor
- October 4 @ 1:25 p.m. vs. Green Bay Packers featuring James Beard Award winning Traci des Jardins of Jardinere, The Commissary and
Arguello along with Adam Mesnick of Deli Board
- October 18 @ 1:25 p.m. vs. Baltimore Ravens featuring Jose Andres of Jaleo, who was named as one of Time Magazine’s Most Influential
People along with Michael Voltaggio, winner of Bravo’s sixth season of Top Chef and Ink
- October 22 @ 5:25 p.m. vs. Seattle Seahawks featuring Greg Denton of Ox Restaurant, named Portland, Oregon’s Restaurant of the Year in 2013
- November 8 @ 1:05 p.m. vs. Atlanta Falcons featuring celebrity chef, cookbook author and PBS TV series host Todd English of Olives, Figs, Bonfire, and Ca Va Brasserie who is among People Magazine’s Most Beautiful People and Forbes’ Celebrity 100 List
- November 29 @ 1:05 p.m. vs. Arizona Cardinals featuring three-time James Beard Award-winning TV personality, chef, writer and host of Travel Channel’s “Bizarre Foods” Andrew Zimmern, Matthew Jennings of The Townsman and David Bazirgan of Dirty Habit
- December 20 @ 5:30 p.m. vs. Cincinnati Bengals featuring Chris Cosentino of Cockscomb, known for his winning appearance on Top Chef
- January 3 @ 1:25 p.m. vs. St. Louis Rams featuring James Beard and Emmy Award winning chef, author and TV host Ming Tsai and Mike Emerson
of Pappy’s Smokehouse
As you can see from this lineup of culinary rock stars, this is no ordinary tailgate. The ultimate tailgate experience offers a game-themed menu and signature beverage pairing experience followed by whimsical plays on American classics such as roasted ox over potato broccoli gratin and wagyu saddles of roasted beef. While nearly all ingredients are locally sourced, at least one selection will be especially themed toward the opposing team, with products sourced directly from that region.
In addition to the celebrity chefs, you can count on seeing former 49er greats at the tailgate parties, which take place at Mina’s year-old Bourbon Pub & Bourbon Steak. You never know who else might pop by. Last fall, we spotted Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod) hanging out with Mina.
“As a lifelong 49ers fan this tailgate is really a dream come true,” said Mina. “Not only do I get to work with the 49ers and cook with my chef friends from around the country, but being able to share this experience with the other 49ers faithful is the ultimate for me.”
How do you get to partake? Levi’s Stadium season ticket holders have the exclusive opportunity to become Michael Mina’s Tailgate members. The annual membership fee of $5,000 provides access to an upscale, all inclusive game-themed menu prepared by Mina, as well as an accompanying beverage menu including a signature game-themed cocktail for each game. While tailgating, you’ll enjoy pregame and game-time action on the 70 HDTVs throughout the venue. In-keeping with the outdoor cooking feel of tailgating, the restaurant offers a state of the art cooking station on two levels a wood-fire grill and a two-story rotisserie cooking jidori chicken, waygu beef and ox. However, the venue is anything but ordinary and captures the true spirit of tailgating and magic of the 49ers.
At kickoff time, Michael Mina’s Tailgate sends you off with Treats for Your Seats, featuring gourmet treats and snacks to munch on during the game. Post-game, you’ll be granted preferred reservations for dinner at Bourbon Pub & Bourbon Steak. In addition, a personalized concierge provides preferred reservations for all Mina Group restaurants including Michael Mina in San Francisco. Michael Mina’s Tailgate Experience is in two words – complete indulgence.