Miami is getting it’s first flatiron building with the Brickell Flatiron. Granted it’s much taller and not quite as narrow as historic flatirons, it’s every bit as cool. The Brickell Flatiron was developed by CMC Group founder, and Haute 100-lister Ugo Colombo. For the building’s interiors he tapped architect Luis Revuelta, who also worked on the Santa Maria building with Colombo in 1997.
The towering glass structure introduces spacious floor plans, many of which are two-story duplexes to maximize the building’s vertical space, which rises a whopping 64-stories. The units will be characterized by expansive views of downtown Miami’s glittering skyline and the shimmering water of the Biscayne Bay.
Acclaimed NYC-based artist Julian Schnabel designed the building’s lobby and public spaces, as well as the building’s unique sales gallery, which debuted during Art Basel. Its striking pink façade features a large scale painting set on broken ceramic plates makes the most of the space’s temporary nature.
The soaring residential building will offer 548 furniture-ready residences, which boasts custom Italian finishes, Italian porcelain tile throughout the unit and terrace, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass balcony doors and energy-efficient casement windows, professional-grade German appliances, spacious private balconies, and 9’6” ceilings in tower residences – 10’6” ceilings in penthouses.
- Sky Terrace: Landscaped rooftop pool, cabanas, sundeck, and juice bar surrounded by advanced wind barrier technology.
- Sky Wellness Pavilion: Rooftop spa and fitness center with Pilates/ yoga and aerobics studio, private steam and sauna facilities in both men’s and women’s lockers
- State-of-the-art business center and conference rooms
- Movie theatre
- Ground level restaurants & retail boutiques
- Fully-managed household services upon request
- 24-hour Concierge, valet & doorman services
- Dedicated High speed Elevators Residence Features
The new Brickell Flatiron will be located at the corner of Brickell Plaza and South Miami Avenue, in the heart of Brickell.