Even if you’ve been to Dubai, you haven’t traveled there like this. Emirates can now whisk you from San Francisco International Airport to Dubai International Airport aboard the iconic Airbus A380, the largest passenger aircraft in the world. Haute Living was on the scene to tour this luxury hotel with wings after it touched down for the first time at SFO on Dec. 1. Trust us, you’ll want to shell out the $29,000 to experience the Emirates A380 SFO to Dubai service and amenities.
Not only is Emirates the only airline to offer non-stop service from SFO but flights operate daily, departing at 3:30 p.m. Don’t worry about getting bored during the 16-hour flight. With more than 1,800 channels of movies, television, music and podcasts, your entertainment options are plentiful. But that’s just for starters.
The aircraft is gorgeous with fresh flowers in sconces and bathrooms with classic walnut and marble design. With two decks, the entire upper deck is dedicated to its first and business class cabins. Here’s what you’ll experience when you go first class, where there are 14 private suites:
- Each private suite comes fully equipped with a sliding door, personal mini-bar, adjustable ambient lighting and its own vanity table, mirror and wardrobe
- Meals are available on demand are served on Royal Doulton fine bone china with exclusive Robert Welch cutlery. Cuisine is top notch with wine offerings that include vintages from France, Germany, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and, of course, California
- A crew member will happily convert your seat to a fully flat bed with a mattress
- High tea
- Onboard Lounge, open to first and business class, which has seat belts on the circular bench seating area and offers hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
- Privacy dividers separating adjoining suites that can be lowered if you’re traveling with a companion
- Pajamas, slippers and eye mask
- Two onboard shower spas, with a maximum capacity of two each, and Timeless Spa shower kits
- Amenity kit with Bulgari products
- Complimentary car service to SFO
- Access to Emirates’ airport lounges
- Two complimentary checked bags, up to 71 lbs. each
Traveling business? You’ll also enjoy lie-flat beds that extend up to 79 inches long, a privacy divider, complimentary car service and access to the airport lounge and more.
A380 Touches Down at SFO
A380 Onboard Lounge
First Class Entrance
First Class Private Suite
First Class Food Service
First Class Suite Bed Prep
First Class Suite
First Class Cabin
First Class Suite
Slippers, pajamas and eye mask
A380 Onboard Shower Spa
Business Class Cabin Evening
A380 Economy Class Cabin
A380 Economy Class
A380 Councourse A Dubai Skyline
Photos: Courtesy Emirates