Photo Credit: Ritz-Carlton
If you live in southern California, you’re probably already familiar with the luxurious Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, a jewel of a property with glorious views, an outstanding club lounge and awesome restaurants (carnivores, enoSTEAK is for you, while the views at Raya are pretty much unparalleled) and, best of all, the knowledge that, after a weekend there, you’ll feel the kind of serenity that most Angelenos desperately need. And while many guests find their own groove in particular things—a nice meal, a glass of wine at sunset at 180blu, soaking up the sun on the beach below or surfing those endless summer waves at Salt Creek—the hotel now offers even more indulgent experiences for the luxury connoisseur. Very smart, too, given that luxury travel is no longer about how nice the hotel is, but how unique your experience is, how bespoke your stay. The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel offers this kind of treatment in spades with five new indulgences for the elevated individual who’s looking for something more from their stay than a simple turndown service.
- South Coast Plaza Shopping Spree Package. If splurging and being pampered is your thing, check out the South Coast Plaza Shopping Spree Package. In celebration of Orange County’s most luxurious shopping center’s 50th anniversary, treat yourself to a $50,000 shopping spree. The experience is designed for guests with a passion for retail therapy and a love of luxury, who favor items (for that sum) like a Tiffany & Co. yellow diamond ring with a matching pendant, two Baccarat Mille Nuits chandeliers, 14 Chanel handbags, 25 classic Burberry trench coats or 71 pairs of iconic Jimmy Choo pumps. Cap your exhausting day of retail therapy by staying in the lavish Ritz-Carlton Suite, which also includes access to the Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge (where there are five dining presentations a day), unlimited use of ACCESS, South Coast Plaza’s VIP Hospitality Suite, a South Coast Plaza VIP Passport featuring exclusive offers from more than 100 stores and restaurants and private car service from The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel to South Coast Plaza. Talk about flexing out…
Photo Credit: Ritz-Carlton
2. Behind the Velvet Rope. Behind the Velvet Rope affords guests the opportunity to rub elbows with Festival of Arts’ artists along with the chance to see how the Pageant of the Masters comes together. This exclusive package includes The Ritz-Carlton Club Level ocean view accommodations, Behind the Scenes Tour of the Pageant of the Masters stage performance, two Premier Loge Center tickets to the Pageant of the Masters performance, admission for two to Festival of Arts, one of the nation’s oldest and most highly acclaimed juried fine art shows and a private docent tour of Festival of Arts. This year’s Pageant of the Masters theme, THE GRAND TOUR, showcases the desire in the 17th and 18th centuries to experience the world’s great art firsthand. Inspired by the European tradition of continental travel on “the grand tour,” early travelers would set out on pilgrimages by land and sea to the great cultural centers of Europe, and eventually the globe, often risking life and limb to stand in the presence of masterpieces. A ticket to the Pageant’s THE GRAND TOUR becomes a passport to experience spectacle, music, stories and grand illusions as masterpieces come to life.
3. The Biggest Show on Earth. Dana Point, the hotel’s home, is known as the Whale Capital of the West. Scientists believe that it may possibly serve as a reference “landmark” for whales and is also a famous gathering area, attracting not only marine mammals but marine biologists and whale lovers from around the world. Guests at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel can witness these amazing animals with an overnight experience that includes the three-hour Biggest Show on Earth whale watching excursion through the resort’s Eco-Adventure Center. You’ll learn from a naturalist, who then accompanies you on a catamaran, for an educational excursion at sea. The day also includes transportation to and from Dana Point Harbor, as well as a light snack on the boat.
Photo Credit: Ritz-Carlton
4. Laguna Wellness Experience. Treat your body like a temple with this firming, hydrating and detoxifying treatment inspired by local surroundings—oceanic ingredients, specifically—including a specially formulated seaweed body wrap and collagen facial mask. Customized massage techniques infuse powerful anti-oxidants, restoring hydration to the skin and leaving your body looking sleek and smooth (this is particularly perfect before a big event or after a day of fun in the sun). This balancing experience creates a feeling of total harmony and well-being. The 90 minute experience includes skin brushing, collagen facial mask, slimming body wrap and a massage. You’ll leave feeling beautiful, like that picture-perfect SoCal sunset outside.
5. ALL GIRL SURF GETAWAY. Why not try something new for your next girls trip, and try this All Girl Surf Getaway? Grab your gals and head to the hotel for two hours of individual instruction from a professional surf instructor and focus completely on the waves. Concerns like wetsuits, surfboards, leashes, wax and equipment are all provided. And yes, you CAN have that glass (or bottle) of wine afterwards. It will be well deserved.