As we stretch into the cold months of winter and the weather starts to get unbearable, Miami becomes the perfect quick getaway to escape the cold and get some quality time in the sun. But more so than that, Miami is packed with a plethora of seasonal events and activities to keep you busy. It’s a win-win: work on your tan and experience Miami’s best. We’ve rounded up some of our top reasons why Miami is the ultimate destination for your winter getaway this year.
- Haute new openings. Miami is in the height of its biggest season and of course with that comes a slew of new hotspots in the hospitality industry. Some of our favorites include the SLS Brickell and its new haute eateries The Bazaar Mar and Fi’lia; the long-awaited Brickell City Centre; Stephen Starr’s new Upland; Menin Hospitality’s Bakehouse and Ricky’s; The Confidante’s Bird & Bone and Nina’s House; Arjun Waney’s newest venture, DÔA and so much more.
- SOBE WFF. It’s back yet again for another legendary year of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry from February 22-25th. Here‘s a look at what they have lined up.
- Boat Show. About a month away, yachts and megayachts galore will be lining up along Miami Beach’s Collins Avenue and Island Gardens for the annual boat show. Yachts Miami Beach has a lot in store.
Photo Credit: Yachts Miami Beach
- The Keys. If you’re looking for a more low-key getaway, the Florida Keys are as close to a 40-minute drive away if you want to spend a day or so there.Photo Credit: Shutterstock
- Miami City Ballet. Enjoy a night out with your special someone at the luxe Miami City Ballet. Program Two, Calcium Light Night, just launched and will stay until February 5th, followed by Program Three, Polyphonia, from February 10th-March 12th.
- WMC/Miami Music Week. The week-long event will draw in the biggest names in the music and entertainment industry from March 21-26th. Expect tons of music performance and exclusive haute events to fill your days and nights all week from Downtown Miami to Miami Beach and beyond.