The 2016 Naples Winter Wine Festival raked in more than $11 million dollars. The staggering take comes from dollars spent on wine, fancy trips and… luxury automobiles. Last year, a Rolls-Royce Dawn went to visiting Californian Julian Movsesian for $750,000 giving him the distinction of owning the first Rolls-Royce Dawn off the line.
At the 2017 edition, they will be auctioning off an Audi MY 18 R8 Spyder. Like the Rolls, it might go for a little more than sticker, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a great deal. Here’s why:
- It’s special. This Audi MY 18 R8 Spyder will be the very first to be physically delivered in the US.
2. The car’s interior, nestled within the newly developed ASF® aluminum and carbon fiber construction, is designed to look and feel like a racecar with driver-operated controls and functions.
3. Commands can be made in the blink of an eye from the fully digital virtual cockpit, which features a 12.3-inch monitor depicting all information in high-resolution 3D graphics.
4. There are actually speakers in the headrest. It’s via a Bang & Olufsen sound system with 13 speakers (which now includes a head-restraint speaker) that give a crystal-clear quality to any tunes you might like to play. Kenny Loggins or Drake, doesn’t matter, it will all sound ah-mazing.
5. The car has a V10 engine that leaps from 0 to 62.1 miles per hour in a heart-stopping 3.6 seconds.
6. It’s for the kids! Since the event’s inception in 2001, the Naples Winter Wine Festival has raised more than $146 million for its founding organization, the Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), which has awarded grants to more than 40 non-profit organizations, touching the lives of over 200,000 children in Collier county. Need we say more?
Of course, if you want the car, or the 2017 McLaren 570 GT they’ll also be auctioning off, you’ll need to buy tickets. The 17th annual Naples Winter Wine Festival takes place January 27-29, 2017 at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, FL. The event is limited to 580 guests and prices start at $10,000 per couple. A $25,000 package is also available that includes reserved seating for a party of four at a vintner dinner and under the tent. To inquire about tickets to the Festival, please contact Barrett Farmer at [email protected] or 239-514-2239.