It’s been said that Trix isn’t just for kids, but that should go for all cereal. The statement is true enough in Los Angeles right now, at least, where cereal-inspired and adapted fare is a current haute trend.
Here, we share some of the hottest cereal dishes on the menu at some of the hautest L.A. menus.
- Pie Hole (Locations in Pasadena, the Arts District and Hollywood): Cereal Killer Cheesecake: A Fruity Pebbles cheesecake with a Nilla Wafer crust topped with Frosted Flakes. Oh.my.god.
- Rori’s Artisanal Creamery: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Ice Cream: A rich and creamy ice cream confection, topped with bits of this delicious cinnamon cereal.
- Leona (123 W Washington Blvd, Venice,(310) 822-5379): Adult Frosted Flakes: A bowl of brown-rice pudding laced with dark rum and top-layered with cereal.
- Ridges Churro Bar: Fruity Pebbles Churro. Yes, this is exactly what it sounds like—a churro rolled in fruity pebble greatness from the innovative churro food truck.
- Nighthawk (1638 N Las Palmas Ave, Los Angeles): This late night breakfast-only bar serves up spiked cereal milk cocktails. You’ll have to taste them yourself to see just how addictive they are.
- Atticus (10893 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles,(310 474 7464) and at The Grove, 6015 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, (323 934 7890): This sweet shop offers up cereal and milk ice cream. Noms.
- Water Grill (544 S. Grand Avenue, Los Angeles(213) 891-0900 & 1401 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, (310) 394-5669): Banana Chocolate Sundae with chocolate covered corn flakes
- Plan Check (Locations on Sawtelle, Wilshire and Fairfax with Santa Monica opening soon): Plan Check offers two cereal milk-made desserts: a parfait and doughnut. The parfait is layered with the whipped milk and topped with cornflake granola and a small scoop of blackberry sorbet, while the doughnut is glazed in cereal milk and encrusted with Crunch Berry cereal or Corn Flakes (if you have a super sweet tooth, we recommend the former).