We’re going to put this out there right up front: you
will be coming back to the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage. How could you not when each of your personalized needs are so well met?
The first and foremost thing we noticed about this luxurious palm desert resort is that it truly takes customer service to the next level (we arrived at night and only truly appreciated the stunning beauty of the surrounding Santa Rosa Mountain range and the panoramic views of Palm Springs the following morning).
Those familiar with the Ritz-Carlton brand know that the swanky company customizes each of their hotels by area. For this particular location, that means expect to see decor comprised of yellows, reds and oranges to convey the sultry desert surroundings and, in some cases, those epic Palm Springs sunsets.
Here you’ll find 244 contemporary guests rooms with private balconies or your own fire pit (yes, that’s right), 42-inch LCD flat-panel HD TVs plus 19-inch HD TVs in the bathroom (because why not), radios with sleep sounds for the ultimate snooze, individualized heating and air-conditioning controls, Frette linens, Asprey bath amenities, bathrobes you could lose yourself in and awesome, oversized bathrooms with glass-enclosed deep soaking tubs. They’re blissful.
The big daddy of all the suites is the Ritz-Carlton Suite (we’re not joking: it’s 1,700 square feet). In addition to a larger space and epic views of the valley, there are separate living and dining rooms as well as a kitchen with a separate entrance for staff so that if you wanted to bring in a chef and host your own dinner party, you could without disrupting the flow of the evening.
Beyond the rooms, there’s two on-site restaurants—The Edge Steakhouse and the farm-to-table State Fare Bar + Kitchen—and one of the coolest, largest hotel spas we’ve seen. This 25,000 square-foot behemoth has 15 treatment rooms with private terraces and outdoor showers, an outdoor relaxation lounge with plunge pools and natural rock outcroppings. The gym is pretty impressive, too. You’ll have to walk to get to it, but it’s worth it: you’ll find all kinds of equipment as well as indoor/outdoor yoga and meditation spaces. Those who want to explore the naturally gorgeous Palm Springs terrain are offered hosted hikes, though you can also head out on your own to check out the running trails, mountain vista views, waterfalls, natural streams, rocky gorges and unusual rock formations firsthand.
However, as we’ve already mentioned, the reason that so many friends, families and solo riders return to the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage time and time again is the thoughtful details, which are the true heart and sole of this haute hotel. Here are seven ways that you’ll enjoy a truly customized VIP stay here.
- Each and every need is met. Do you absolutely need seven feather pillows to fall asleep? Do you only take almond milk in your coffee? These are the kinds of details that this haute hotel not only collects, but makes sure to pass along to its other properties, so that the next time you have a special request, you won’t even need to ask. While this gal was sick, one of the hotel’s top staffers even sent over chicken noodle soup. It’s the kind of customer service you just don’t see anymore, and it’s a beautiful thing.
- Every diner at The Edge Steakhouse drinks for free. OK, that statement was ever-so-slightly misleading, so let us correct ourselves: every dinner guest is offered an apertif for free from the restaurant’s apertif cart. Still, when most luxe hotel restaurants are charging top dollar for drinks, this kind of automatic extra is just what makes this hotel so special. The vibe itself doesn’t hurt, either: you’ll be treated to stellar views of the mountains from your perch 650 feet above the desert floor, as well as awesome steak, seafood and wine experiences.
- Adults-only: it’s a thing. This is totally a resort that caters to kids, but sometimes, you just want to relax with all the hyper energy children bring. That’s what the adults-only pool is for—which is just another thoughtful extra the Ritz-Carlton provides. Exclusive VIP-style cabana service is also available.
- Did someone say candy bar? Your kids (and you) will enjoy some piece of mind thanks to all the amazing kid-friendly services at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage. There is a free candy bar (that ends way before dinner so they—and you—will actually get some sleep). The Ritz Kids program is also on offer (for a fee) where kids can enjoy supervised, creative activities. Ritz Kids has its own headquarters location with multiple entertainment and education areas as well as interactive settings, animal meet-and-greets, education about The Living Desert and a children’s movie theatre.
- It doesn’t scrimp on the extras. Too often these days, hotels will nickel and dime the heck out of you. Even the wealthiest people in the world will agree that being taken advantage of his irritating (ahem, shame on the Las Vegas hotel that makes you pay $15 for in-room filtered coffee). It’s extremely rare to see a luxury hotel chain offer extras, but that’s what the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage does. There’s a full coffee bar in the morning, free high-speed Wi-fi and complimentary newspapers in the morning. That’s what we call winning.
- The Clubhouse kills. As a whole, the Ritz-Carlton hotel group is known for its super luxe clubhouses. Here, a dedicated Concierge will attends to your every need in a beautiful, relaxed lounge well-appointed, relaxed lounge that offers continuous cuisine throughout the day (breakfast, light snacks, hors d’ oeuvres, beverages and sweets), as well as—yes—more candy for the kids, homemade sweet treats and alcoholic beverages (adult candy).
- Your spa treatment will be completely customized. The epic Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage spa uses holistic and indigenous herbs and plants to enhance its treatments, which are designed to awaken the senses, refresh the body and renew the spirit. Its signature service is the unique Spirit of the Mountains, a 100-minute service that includes exfoliation, a warm stone massage, detoxifying wrap and scalp massage. This ancient tradition of healing is designed to cleanse, calm, and soothe the body and mind. You’ll feel totally relaxed and completely restored (as well as silky smooth) after indulging in this rejuvenating treatment. You can also customize this—and all other spa treatments—to suit your personal needs. Isn’t a unique experience what we’re all secretly (or not-so-secretly) looking for?
The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage is located at 68900 Frank Sinatra Dr, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270; (760) 321-8282