South Bay residents were beyond excited to hear that Paul Hibler‘s super popular Venice staple, Superba Food + Bread, was heading to town this past November (the restaurant officially opened its doors on Nov. 23). Here’s what to expect and five reasons why you must dine at this highly anticipated new eatery at The Point.
- It’s the first Superba location to offer a cocktail menu. Red Medicine alum Johan Stein has created a crafty menu of innovative libations such as beet mimosas (yes, you read that right) and house-made bourbon cream soda.
- It’s open all day long. From the 22 pastries and artisanal coffee served at breakfast to lunch to dinner and even brunch, Superba offers superb fare from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. on weeknights and 11 p.m. on weekends.
- Vegetarians will be spoiled for choice. Vegans and vegetarians are often presented with one dish (typically a salad) and told it’s the “veggie option.” Not so here. Options include a roasted squash salad with frisse, boucheron, tart cherries and pepitas in a roasted shallot vinaigrette as well as the absolutely delectable Umami glazed carrots with coconut, sambal onions, maple soy glaze and togarashi peanuts. This dish is a must.
- Oh, the bread. As it’s name implies, Superba Food + Bread is heavy on the bread, and that’s a great thing thanks to the golden touch of pastry director Carlos Enriquez. Housemade delicacies include croissant French toast (with golden syrup, creme fraiche and spiced walnuts—oh my), a breakfast sandwich with pain au lait served with a sunny side up egg, linguica and braised kale, and PB + J toast served with pistachio butter and blueberry-hibiscus jam. Noms indeed.
- They offer a mac ‘n cheese pie. Bechamel and brioche breadcrumbs. Need we say more?
Photo Credit: Skandia Shafer
Superba Food + Bread, 830 S Sepulveda Suite 100, El Segundo, 310.906.4598