Michael Newcombe is the latest addition to the tony Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. Newcombe, originally from Stratford-upon-Avon, is the newest General Manager of the Beverly Hills property. He has been with the luxury hotel brand since 1994, working in international markets like London, Dublin and Sydney before transferring to the United States as General Manager of Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas in 2007. Newcombe holds a business management degree from Solent University in Southampton and a post-graduate diploma from Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland. He is a true foodie and enjoys exploring the Los Angeles culinary scene. Although a lover of the old world wines from Italy and France, he is now a convert to all things California, including local varietals. In his spare time, Newcombe also enjoys sailing in Newport Beach, California, and spending time with his five year old daughter Summer. Here is a look at this international Four Seasons aficionado’s desk.
1) Culina Modern Italian menu, as I’m working with the Culinary team to add new classic signature Italian dishes to the menu
2) English school crest cufflinks from the Solihull School England, which was established in 1560. The graphics are my school crest and Motto Perserverantia, meaning “To Always Persevere”
3) Framed photo of my daughter Summer dressed up in my clothes for Father’s Day
4) Brass plaque with a quote from Ronald Reagan, which I was given by The Reagan Library Team
5) Leather iPhone case, as I’m always connected
6) Le Répertoire de La Cuisine book by Louis Saulnier