Maybe you don’t have time to lay out in the sun for hours, or perhaps you’re worried about the long-term effects of sun damage. Whether it’s all of the above or any other reason, a lush spray tan might be your answer to getting that coveted summer glow. While this all sounds easy enough, you don’t want to end up with a botched tan from a sub-par salon. We took a look at New York’s spots for a high quality spray tan this summer.
Before you commit to a new color, you’ll want to ensure that your skin is perfectly ready for it. Joanna Vargas’ signature Organic Sunless Tan treatment involves a full-body microdermabrasion treatment before your new tan is applied. Microdermabrasion at Joanna Vargas is done using a gentle exfoliation with a diamond tip wand that will remove your dead skin and expose fresh young skin without abrasive materials that scratch or irritate. Once your skin is ready, their natural skin care serum will take care of the rest.
Ingredients found in their natural serum:
- This serum is made up of a temporary skin coloring agent refined from a vegetable source, sugar cane and beets.
- 98% pure oxygen
- hyaluronic acid
- vitamins C and E
- Green Tea
- Aloe Vera
Using a tinted moisturizing aloe-vera based formula, Paul Labrecque’s tanning solution will do much more than give you a new hue. The spa specialists can even contour and shade making hips look trimmer, arms toner, and even provide bikini-tan lines. Their micro nutrient technology which delivers a potent blend of vitamins and antioxidants to your skin will create a tan that lasts a whole seven days.
What you can expect from ingredients in the Air Bronze Suness Tan:
- Paraben Free
- Gluten Free
- 100% Vegan
- Nut Allergen Free
“A painted-on application makes this the safe way to sun-kissed.” This treatment involves will leave your entire body full-bronzed after a dead-skin eliminating, purifying smoothing scrub and painted-on application of Bliss’s world-class self-tanning formula.
Ingredients found in their self-tanning solution:
- DHA (dihydroxyacetone): Interacts with amino acids in the top layers of skin to create a natural looking tan without sun exposure, in just hours.
- Erythrulose: Works in conjunction with DHA to provide a streakless, quick-drying sunless tan with more color control than DHA alone.
- Aloe (aloe barbadensis leaf juice extract): A botanical extract recognized for its hydrating, calming and healing properties.
- Sun set bronzer: Provides instant bronzing and transfer resistant color with a golden sheen that shows where product has been applied for a streak-free finish that will not stain clothing.
- Pyrus malus fruit extract (apple extract): An antioxidant which helps fight free radical damage and reduce cell damage due to environmental factors such as UV light.