With a name like Shel Pink, the founder of vegan and sustainable body care line, SpaRitual, was destined to be involved in the beauty business right from the start.
As a child, decades before a holistic lifestyle became mainstream, an organic diet, the importance of regular massage, alternative healing, and how to minimize exposure to toxins in the environment were emphasized by Shel’s mother. Continuing on this holistic path, Shel discovered yoga, meditation and Ayurveda while attending college.
In 2004, SpaRitual was born: a company committed to creating multi-purpose eco-friendly products and packaging, using vegan ingredients from around the world; specially sourced, certified organic and fair trade. Additionally, SpaRitual offers vegan manicure and pedicure essentials, which are formulated without toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, camphor, and DBP. Later, in 2012, she launched SlowBeauty.com, a digital platform for the Slow Beauty movement. She now utilizes SpaRitual and Slow Beauty as platforms to share her philosophy of meditation, prevention and self-expression; to encourage women to think about beauty as a holistic connection to oneself and to the environment.
Here, this holistic beauty expert offers a peek at where she ‘naturally’ (pardon our pun) comes up with her million dollar ideas—her desk.
SHEL PINK SHARES 5 OF HER DESKTOP ESSENTIALS
1. My notebook – I always have a notebook with me. I use it to make my “to do” lists, to jot down ideas that come to mind and to doodle. I like the old-fashioned practice of putting pen to paper.
2. Can’t live without my SpaRitual Vegan CC Crème. This all-in-one make-up for nails comes in three hues to cover all skin types. My nails look beautiful when I wear it, and it strengthens, smoothes and brightens them as well.
3. This season I have the shades from our Empower color collection at my desk. We intentionally named these bright, poppy shades Optimistic, Fearless, Balanced, and Bold to remind us that we are empowered.
4. I love bringing nature inside my office and my home. An elegant floral arrangement inspires me and brightens my day.
5. Inspirational books are always on my desk. Right now I am flipping through the super creative and colorful books from some of the trend agencies we work with to glean insights for upcoming seasons.