What do you do when you’re in the mood for a cocktail that totally rocks? You make them…with recipes from the experts, of course. Patina Catering, the official caterer of the 58th Annual Grammy Awards, has put together five drink recipes sold at Patina Restaurant Group locations (including downtown’s tony Patina eatery and Nick & Stef’s steakhouse) in honor of Record of the Year nominees. Here are the five Grammy-themed cocktails you need in your life right now.
She’ll Be the Death of Me
Vodka, Ancho Reyes Chile Liquor, Honey, Lemon, Mint
Inspired by “Can’t Feel My Face”
- 2oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Ancho Reyes chile liquor
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 6-8 mint leaves
- Muddle the mint, add all ingredients, and shake & double strain over a chilled coupe.
Drunk on Jealousy
Rye, Blackberries, Lemon, Honey
Inspired by “Blank Space”
A twist on a Whiskey Smash with lemon and blackberries. “I wanted a drink with a lot of depth, both in body (via the balance of Rye Whiskey, lemon, and honey) and color (via the blackberries that gives a great dark hue) to match the themes of the song.”
- 2oz rye
- .75oz honey
- .75 lemon
- 2-3 blackberries
- Muddle blackberries. Add all other ingredients and shake & strain into a double rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a blackberry.
All The Love
Mezcal, Aperol, Lime, Bitters
Inspired by “Really Love”
The drink is a variation of the whiskey-based “The Paper Plane” (which itself is a variation on the classic The Last Word). Inspiration came from the opening of the song, which is in Spanish. “I immediately wanted an agave-based drink and to both honor the drink it is based on as well as the quality of the record, I decided to use the smoky agave spirit, Mezcal.”
- 2oz mezcal
- ½ oz aperol
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 dash angostura
- ½ oz simple
- Combine all ingredients, shake and double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.
Say It Loud
Rum, Lemon, Simple, Strawberry, Basil, Sparkling Wine
Inspired by “Think Out Loud”
This is variation on a Rum Smash with basil, strawberry, and a little simple syrup added for balance. “I wanted to create a cocktail that had a nice red color (after all it is a love song).”
- 1.5oz white rum
- .5 simple
- .5 lemon
- 1 strawberry and 2 pieces of basil muddled
- Top with sparkling
- Muddle strawberries and basil. Add all other ingredients and shake & double strain into a chilled large coupe. Garnish with a strawberry slice.
Gon’ Give It to You
Gin, Lemon, Apple, Ginger, Soda
Inspired by “Uptown Funk”
This is a riff on the classic Gin Fizz. “I added some apple for body and, to honor the essence of the record, used ginger syrup for a little bit of a kick.”
- 1.5oz. gin
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. ginger syrup
- 1oz apple juice
- Topped with Soda
- Combine gin, lemon, ginger, and apple. Shaker and strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with Soda. Garnish with an apple slice.