Come on, who doesn’t love a good party? While many of us love to attend glamorous galas, there are some folks in particular who are better at throwing a fabulous fete. Cue The Salonniere, an award-winning site dedicated exclusively to the art of party hosting, who recently released The Salonniere 100, a list of the 100 best party hosts in the United States. Whether welcoming guests to an intimate dinner party or a glamorous gala, the men and women on The Salonniere 100 entertain with such flair that their party invitations are the most coveted in the country.
To compile the list, the editors at The Salonniere asked more than 1,000 in-the-know influencers—including society reporters and other members of the media, social figures, philanthropists, dignitaries, and arts, business and non-profit leaders—across all 50 states for a confidential list of the best party hosts in their city. Those nominated most frequently were then reviewed by an independent group of social authorities in the cities represented and narrowed down to a select few.
This year,10 Angelenos made their way onto the list, including one of our very own Haute 100 members (great minds clearly think alike!). Without further ado, let’s see who made the cut…and whose next party you’re definitely going to try to get invited to.
- Maria and Bill Bell (we’ve counted separately and together): Maria Bell is an American novelist, television and freelance writer, as well as a Los Angeles-based philanthropist and patron of the arts. She is the former head writer and executive producer of the CBS Daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless. Her husband, Bill Bell, is a former screenwriter and television producer, best known as the creator of the soap operas Another World, The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful. Together, the couple hosts a variety of charity galas and book launches, among other events.
- Eva Chow: The wife of Mr. Chow founder Michael Chow is a fashion designer who famously co-hosts LACMA’s Art + Film gala each year with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Alex Hitz: Is a celebrity chef, cookbook author, socialite and philanthropist, and founder of the luxury gourmet food product line The Beverly Hills Kitchen.He hosts an annual Oscar dinner party, among other events.
- Bridget Gless Keller: This actress and socialite is famous for throwing high-end social events.
- Lisa McRee: This television journalist is a former co-anchor of Good Morning America. She is also the founder of The Skinny.
- Lulu Powers: This celebrity chef and entertaining guru is also known, in most circles, as “The Entertainologist.” Enough said.
- Stephanie Shafran: This CII trustee is known best for throwing haute charity events like the Children’s Circle Dinner at her Bel-Air home.
- Sutton Stracke: Stracke is a Southern debutante turned LA girl who runs in the highest of social circles. Check out her blog, “Sutton’s Law,” where she writes, “Stating the obvious. Knowing what’s the right way to do something and also the wrong way of doing something. Follow me as I attend some of the great parties of our time, watch fashion trends from both yesterday and today, and travel around the globe.”
- Steve Tisch: Tisch is one of the most renowned names in Hollywood. This film producer and businessman is also the chairman and Executive Vice President of the New York Giants, as well as a film and television producer. He often throws dos to celebrate the Steve Tisch Cinema Center at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills and NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Photo Credit: Everett Collection