If you’re looking to just get away from it all—and by “it all” we mean the day-to-day hustle that is Los Angeles—you should definitely book a stay at the super private Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara.
This beautiful property just underwent a $6 million renovation, so both new and returning guests will discover a gorgeously redesigned lobby, spa and restaurant (which offers a completely unique, not-to-be-missed experience that you can read about below).
In addition to the beautiful, Spanish mission-style property, located just 35 minutes north of San Diego in Carlsbad, Calif., you can partake in a plethora of activities from golfing to swimming to simply lounging by one of the two on-site pools. Bliss! Here are seven reasons why we love the Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara—and why you’ll love it, too.
- Taste the Senses. Sit at the Kitchen Counter (meant to evoke a familial home-away-from-home) and let Executive Chef Jonathan Sudar prepare you an amazing-one-of-a-kind menu catered specifically to your wants and needs. Mind you, you’ll have to given the kitchen at least 24 hours notice—they like to source the ingredients from local farmers markets the day before—but you’ll be glad you did. Up to six guests will receive a “front-row” seat to Sudar prepare a tasting menu that will delight and excite the senses.
- The spa is sensational. Indulge in a treatment at the ocean-themed Driftwood Spa, such as the innovative Swift Lift Peptide Firming Facial. Turn back the clock with this treatment, which begins with a facial analysis before segueing into a natural fruit acid exfoliation with cutting-edge algae-based peptides, apple stem cells, hyaluronic acid, and a variety of plant extracts to noticeably firm and help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You’ll be glowing and gorgeous when you finally drift away from the Driftwood.
- Yoga, yoga, yoga. Given that Carlsbad, where the Four Seasons Residence Club is located, is so gorgeous and feels like you’re in the middle of natural nowhere, you’re in for a treat at the Club’s outdoor yoga studio. This open-air pavilion is a serene sanctuary for you to unwind and rejuvenate as you balance your mind, body and spirit. Namaste indeed.
- Relaxation comes to you. You can enjoy personalized massage treatments in the privacy and comfort of your guest room or villa. How’s that for service with a smile?
- Your pool boy will become your best friend. The pool is heated to 83 degrees year-round, which makes it the perfect temperature for a quick dip or a lengthy doggy paddle. When you finally and regrettably leave this blue lagoon, your poolside concierge will treat you with complimentary bottled water, Evian spritzes, chilled towels and delicious icy treats. Plus, as always, the Four Seasons dedicated staffers really know how to treat their guests.
- The villas are BIG. When you book a two-bedroom villa, you’ll stay in 1,670 square feet of luxury. From your digs you’ll glimpse the Aviara golf course, the Batiquitos Lagoon, foothills and gardens. You’ll have a balcony and kitchenette; a fully-equipped kitchen equipped with a double-door refrigerator, oven, stovetop and dishwasher and beautiful Spanish-style decor.
- There’s 24-hour babysitters. Have fun, mom and dad! With 24 hours notice, the Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara can arrange baby-sitting services for your little ones. Adult time!
The Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, 7210 Blue Heron Pl, Carlsbad, CA 92011; (800) 622-4269