This September, the iconic Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar, located at Fairmont San Francisco, is lighting its 70th tiki torch! The beloved venue celebrates seven decades of delighting guests with tropical décor, decadent libations and island-inspired cuisine. Tonga Room, which by the way is the oldest continually-operating tiki bar in North America, opened its doors on September 18, 1945 and has reigned as a swanky outpost of South Seas splendor ever since. In celebration of this momentous occasion, locals and visitors alike are invited to toast this legendary location throughout the anniversary year. Mai Tai merriment will commence with Tonga Room’s 70th Anniversary Tiki Chic Party on September 23, 2015 from 7:00 p.m. until close. Joel Riddell, host of “Dining Around with Joel Riddell”, and the Co-Host of “Cory & Joel” on Talk910 and iHeartRadio will serve as emcee for this exciting fete. This ticketed event ($99+service fee general admission ticket and $199+service fee VIP ticket options), will feature delectable bites, spirited cocktails, live music and more. Tiki chic, festive cocktail attire is suggested. Tickets are available for purchase via Eventbrite:
The week following the kickoff celebration soiree, Tonga Room will feature some special themed nights and offerings during its normal business hours :
- Wednesday, September 30: Wahine Wednesday (Ladies Night) 2- for-1 Happy Hour Cocktails and waived entertainment cover charge for female patrons.
- Thursday, October 1 Throwback Thursday – featuring original cocktails and menu items from 1945.
- Friday, October 2: Club Tonga featuring late-night DJ
- Saturday, October 3: Super Saturday featuring “Tiki Tacos”, Limbo, cocktail specials and more will make it a “super” Saturday to visit Tonga Room!
- Sunday, October 4: San Francisco Sundays Offer – What better way to spend your Sunday than at Fairmont San Francisco and Tonga Room with the San Francisco Sundays package! Whether you choose to explore the city, ride a cable car or visit a museum, make the most of your weekend and make Sunday your favorite day of the week! This package starts at $399 per night, subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply.
Complimentary three-course dinner for two at Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar
Complimentary breakfast for two in Laurel Court
Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar, often cited as a “must-visit” landmark in San Francisco, will extend unique and festive offerings throughout the year in honor of this milestone anniversary, sharing updates on its website and social media accordingly. Fans of Tonga Room are urged to share favorite images of their visits using the hashtag #TongaRoomat70
Guests can also take advantage of Tonga Room’s convenient location within Fairmont San Francisco by booking a room or special package option http://www.fairmont.com/san-francisco/special-offers/hotel-offers/ to make the most of their tiki experience.