Auction Week Napa Valley is here! The world’s hautest charity wine event, takes place this weekend and—as usual—is sold out. However, don’t let that stop you from supporting the cause by participating in the E-Auction currently underway at auctionnapavalley.org. You can also check out the E-Auction lots there. Spirited bidding lasts nearly a week, with the E-Auction closing in waves starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 6.
No matter where you are on the globe, you can participate in Auction Napa Valley’s E-Auction, this year showcasing nearly 200 lots of extraordinary, often hard-to-find Napa Valley wines and memorable wine country experiences. When you bid, keep in mind that Auction Napa Valley is the Napa Valley Vintner’s annual fundraiser benefitting community health and children’s education.
“The NVV is able to do great things for the Napa Valley community through Auction Napa Valley and we are delighted to be part of this year’s E-Auction,” notes Sara Schneider, wine editor for Sunset magazine. “Our lot (#438) offers many of the E-Auction’s most compelling components, including Napa Valley wine and a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience for 10 guests to enjoy a very special meal on the beautiful grounds of our beloved Sunset campus.”
The Sunset E-Auction lot will be one of the last chances to take in the iconic Mid-Century Modern architecture and spectacular garden grounds at the Sunset campus, before the magazine moves to new headquarters in Oakland at the end of the year.
In addition to a treasure trove of Napa Valley’s coveted wines—from highly allocated, iconic Cabernets to wines crafted by a vanguard of talented young winemakers and wines on the verge of being discovered—dozens of this year’s lots also feature intimate tastings, meals and accommodations at winery homes. Potential bidders can:
• Collect wines that are rarely available in the marketplace
• Explore Napa Valley’s diverse styles and varieties
• Host unique family gatherings
• Purchase one-of-a-kind gifts to mark a special occasion
• Acquire an insider’s itinerary for a Napa Valley visit
E-Auction lots can be explored in the following categories:
• Instant Cellars (24 or more bottles of wine)
• Verticals (some quite rare and many older vintages)
• Insider Experiences (meals and special tastings with vintners and winemakers in private Napa Valley locations)
• Sleepovers (overnight accommodations in Napa Valley and beyond)
• Big Bottles (large format bottles, many of which are not otherwise available)
• Collaboration (where multiple wineries are involved, often with a common theme)
For those of you who simply want to support the causes funded by the NVV through Auction Napa Valley proceeds, contributions in any amount can be made to lot 301, Fund-A-Need. Proceeds from this lot go directly toward lifting children in the Napa Valley community out of poverty and helping them to lead healthy and successful lives.