When it comes to the best in hospitality, the Salviatino Collection has everything you need. Having recently opened two boutique hotels in the beautiful Italian countryside — Palazzo Victoria in Verona, and Il Salviatino in Florence — this brand is redefining luxury; giving guests a new level of elegance and comfort that even the most glamorous jetsetters couldn’t have dreamed possible.
Adding an element of modernity to the history and natural grandeur of Italy’s Tuscan region, the collection’s Il Salviatino stands as a whimsical and perfectly hand-restored 15th-century villa that overlooks enchanted Florence. Just last week, we met up with this Italian gem’s General Manager, Bart Spoorenberg, at Brickell’s Tamarina Restaurant to talk travel and luxury, and of course, find out more about the impressive property. While in the Magic City, Bart gave us his top ten reasons to escape to Tuscany’s beautiful and Renaissance Il Salviatino — and most importantly, told us why it’s the perfect fit for South Florida’s finest travelers:
- Il Salviatino’s La Spa was created by famed Florentine perfumist, Dr. Vranjes, who opened his fragrance laboratory and showroom, Antica Officina del Farmacista, in 1983. Today, each treatment unites Il Salviatino’s idyllic setting and renowned service with the ancestral and delicate aromas of Florence’s celebrated perfume house.
- With Il Salviatino’s “Harley Under the Tuscan Sun” package, guests can let the wind blow through their hair as they zip through the Tuscan countryside on their very own motorcycle — with unlimited kilometers.
- From late September to November, when Tuscany’s white truffles are in season, Il Salviatino organizes white truffle hunting excursions for guests, while nearby villages host celebratory truffle festivals.
- Il Salviatino’s Dome View De Luxe rooms offer awe-inspiring views, through floor-to-ceiling glass windows, of Florence’s famed Duomo and romantic Italian gardens.
- As Salviatino Collection properties are dedicated to offering locally-inspired ingredients, recipes and wines, Il Salviatino’s La Cucina hosts a weekly “Tuscan dinner,” where guests dine family-style, with other guests they don’t know, on traditional regional fare and locally produced wines. It’s an authentic Florentine experience, complete with checkered tablecloths.
- Just fifteen minutes outside of the heart of Florence, Il Salviatino’s hillside location is close enough to experience the magic of Florence, but far enough to escape its tourist-filled summers. To explore all that Florence has to offer, talk to the concierge at Il Salviatino and the hotel will arrange for you to take a luxury car rental to the Tuscan countryside.
- At Il Salviatino, the Executive Chef can create a custom room service menu of locally-inspired flavors for every guest, depending on their preferences.
- Florence is bursting with history everywhere you turn, even within the walls of Il Salviatino. During renovations, Il Salviatino’s owners discovered an original fresco beneath the superficial ceiling of the 14th-century villa. Carefully restored, this stunning work of art now overlooks the property, in a suite aptly named the “Affresco Suite.”
- At Il Salviatino, enjoy an “aperitivo” — a traditional Italian“cocktail hour” of Aperol Spritz and potato chips, nuts and olives — overlooking sweeping views of Florence, from the villa’s front terrace.
- At Il Salviatino, you can eat dinner in your bathrobe. Why? Because the guest is always in charge.