Photo Credit: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images for TWC
Georgina Chapman is a woman who embodies the phrase “good taste.” In addition to creating some of the most glamorous red carpet frocks of all time via her haute couture fashion brand Marchesa, the British beauty is also an ambassador of taste, as it were, in her role as a St. Regis Connoisseur. Luckily for the women of the world, Chapman, along with her fellow Marchesa designer Keren Craig, is now designing diamonds: the Marchesa Eternal Collection became available on Feb. 1 at Macy’s. In honor of one of our favorite things, we decided to ask Chapman about a few of her favorite things. Without further ado…
- Favorite city That is an incredibly hard [question]. In Europe it would have to be Venice. Internationally, I would probably pick Jaipur in India.
- Favorite hotel I am desperate to go to the St. Regis Bora Bora. I have not yet been there, but it is high on my places that I need to go. I go on the website quite often and look at it and say, ‘That’s where I need to be!’
- Favorite comfort food Cheese and wine.
- Best place to shop in LA [When I’m in LA is] about the only time I get to go shopping. I never get the opportunity in New York because I’m always in the office. I love going to the department stores [in Los Angeles]. love walking to Saks and Neiman Marcus. I love going to the vintage stores as well; there’s one called Lilies and one called the Way We Wore.
- The greatest luxury in life The greatest luxury is lying down with my two kids and my husband watching a movie; just being with my family and my dog and a big glass of wine.
For more on our interview with Georgina, pick up the upcoming March/April issue of Haute Living Los Angeles!