The winners of the Middle East’s Watch of the Year Awards were announced on Thursday, 27 Novemberat at a gala dinner at The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre. Held for the first time this year in Dubai, alongside the inaugural Salon des Grandes Complications exhibition, the exclusive gala event was attended by over 300 of the region’s most prominent watch collectors, brand representatives and retailers, and well-known social figures.
The evening recognized horological brands for their contribution to the industry and performance across 11 different categories. Awarded brands and respective categories are the following:
- Best Multi-Time Zone Watch – Jaeger-LeCoultre, Duomètre Unique Travel Time
- Best Tourbillon Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch
- Best Classical Watch – Bovet Fleurier, Récital 12 “Monsieur Dimier”
- Best High-End Jewelled Watch – Graff, MasterGraff Tourbillon 45mm Fully Set with Diamonds
- Best Technical Innovation Watch – Greubel Forsey, QP à Equation
- Best Sports Watch – Roger Dubuis, Pulsion Skeleton Flying Tourbillon
- Best Men’s Watch – Cartier, Rotonde de Cartier Astrocalendaire watch
- Best Ladies Watch – Van Cleef & Arpels, Pont des Amoureux Poetic Complication™
- Best Chronograph Watch – De Bethune, DB28 Maxichrono
- Best Design Watch – Arnold & Son, Time Pyramid
- Best Independent Watch Brand – MB&F
Winners were judged by a distinguished panel of 12 experts including Frederic Watrelot, head of Christie’s Watch departments in Hong Kong and Dubai, H.E. Sheikh Mohamed Bin Abdullah Al Khalifa of Bahrain, UAE businessman Mishal Kanoo and American watch journalist extraordinaire Roberta Naas, amongst several other connoisseurs and collectors. Results were independently adjudicated by international law firm Morgan Lewis.
An annual event since 2005, Watch of the Year aims to establish industry standards and raise awareness of watch culture and horological craftsmanship across the Middle East. This year’s gala was sponsored by Audi Corporate and supported by Bang & Olufsen.