Photo Credit: Getty Images for Haute Living
Where should you party like it’s, well, 2015 this December 31st? Here are our carefully curated picks for the 9 best New Years Eve parties in Los Angeles this Wednesday evening (into Thursday morning, of course).
Photo Credit: William Bradford
- HARLOWE Hit up Harlowe Hollywood’s “A Little Party Never Killed Anybody” for an evening of music, dancing, and a midnight toast. The $95 ticket includes an open bar with drinks from the regular menu and select spirits from 8 p.m. – midnight, as well as complimentary passed appetizers such as flatbreads, cheese puffs and Yuca fries. The $500 VIP package includes four premium open bar tickets, a reserved table and a complimentary bottle of champagne.
- SASSAFRAS Bid farewell to another year while wearing all black and white attire at Sassafras while enjoying burlesque, live music from The Dixie Giants, and an open bar with specialty cocktails featuring Grey Goose and St. Germain. There will also be complimentary passed New Orleans-inspired hors d’oeuvres and a champagne toast at midnight.
3. THE BUNGALOW The Bungalow and Brent Bolthouse cordially invite guests to join the New Year’s Eve 2015 Party on Wednesday, December 31st. The popular ocean-side hideaway in Santa Monica, CA is the perfect location to celebrate the old and ring in the new with your friends and loved ones. This year, there will be a DJ spinning tunes on the dance floor and the cocktails will be flowing in the beautiful indoor and outdoor settings that The Bungalow has become known for. This haute affair is black tie only, so come ready in your best and brightest.
4. SHADE HOTEL Manhattan Beach’s haute beachside Shade Hotel will channel the Roaring Twenties at a Great Gatsby-inspired New Year’s Eve bash on December 31, beginning at 8 p.m. The event will feature a live DJ, burlesque dancers, gaming tables for craps, roulette, black jack and poker, tray-passed hors d’oeuvres created by Executive Chef Chris Garasic, a full dessert bar with candies, cupcakes and other sweets, a raffle, and a champagne toast at the stroke of midnight. Guests can also take the party to Shade Hotel’s Skydeck to enjoy a warming fire pit, a tarot card reader and bottle service tables available in an exclusive VIP area. For ladies and gentlemen interested in doubling-down on the fun, Shade is offering an exclusive Stay and Play New Year’s Eve double occupancy guestroom package for the night of December 31, starting at $595 for a standard Deluxe Spa Room. The package includes in-room New Year’s Eve party favors and two tickets to Shade’s Great Gatsby New Year’s Eve Gala. Stay and Play rates for Shade Hotel’s suite accommodations begin at $795 and include in-room party favors and four tickets to the Great Gatsby New Year’s Eve Gala. A percentage of proceeds from the event’s raffle will benefit GrowingGreat, a nonprofit education organization that empowers children to adopt healthy eating behaviors today and inspires the farmers and scientists of tomorrow. Proceeds will go to support the organization’s Adopt-A-School scholarship program.
5. ACE HOTEL DOWNTOWN Downtown hotspot The Ace Hotel is putting on its Total Eclipse party to celebrate its first anniversary. The evening will include a masked menagerie hosted by New Wave virtuoso Twin Shadow, a rooftop party, a property-wide winter installation by Andy Byers and champagne every which-a-way.
Photo Credit: h.wood Group
6. HOORAY HENRY’S Hooray Henry’s L.A.’s scenesters will be flocking to Hooray Henry’s nightclub on New Year’s Eve for an evening of drinking, dancing, and music. The night features music by deejay duo Mixed Reactions, a five-hour premium open bar and complimentary early evening light fare as well as fanciful NYE party favors. Fun!
7. THE BAZAAR BY JOSE ANDRES At The Bazaar by Jose Andres’ annual masquerade ball, guests will enjoy multiple dining areas and tray-passed tapas, sip on cava and wine and specialty cocktails from stations scattered throughout the restaurant. Cap the night off with desserts in the Patisserie and dance the night away with music by the house DJ. General admission tickets start at $250 per person from Dec. 26-31.
8. 1 OAK Ring in the new year at one of LA’s hottest clubs, 1 OAK. Partygoers will enjoy a five hour premium bar from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at this West Hollywood nightclub boite, which has been described as “lavish” and “explosive.”
9. CLEOPATRA’S 6TH ANNUAL NEW YEAR’S EVE BALL Get glamorous at the 6th annual Cleopatra New Year’s Eve Ball at the Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard on Dec. 31st. This haute bash is an annual party thrown by the creators of the Sunset Room, White Lotus and Lure Hollywood. Guests enter through the gates of the famous theater and enjoy music from four DJs and five hours of open bar.