Alexis Bittar is a man that fully gets into the holidays—and naturally, chooses to showcase his holiday spirit through his designs. “What I love about the holidays is the sense of fantasy,” he says, adding, “That’s the whole purpose of jewelry—to play. You can explore your personality with jewelry. People uncover who they really are with the jewelry they choose to wear, because it brings out everyone’s individual sense of style.” Here, this jewelry designer to the stars reveals how he adds a little sparkle to the holiday season. Hint: his holiday baubles (featured below) are assets to any outfit!
1. My favorite holiday dish is English roast beef with Yorkshire pudding because it reminds me of Scotland during Christmas.
2. My favorite place to spend the holidays is at the Gleneagle hotel in Scotland because of its old world, traditional European countryside feel.
3. My favorite place to shop for holiday gifts is barneys – it’s one stop shopping!
4. Tradition. I try to do a big holiday dinner a week and a half before Christmas. I invite all of my friends and it’s kind of a pot luck dinner, and a good way to end the year.
5. Inspiration. I think every woman should always have a few staples to stand out during the holidays – a large cocktail ring, a unique necklace that you can easily throw on and change your look, an amazing pair of chandelier earrings that takes your outfit from day to night, and finally, a strong statement cuff that exudes confidence, style and power.