James Chung has been an authority on denim since 2004, when he launched his eponymous clothing line, James Jeans, with wife Seun. The Chung’s LA-based company is unique in that it is the only denim line to be solely designed and constructed by hand. It’s no wonder celebrities like Blake Lively, Charlize Theron, Demi Moore, Halle Berry and Jessica Alba are among the brand’s A-list fans. Most recently, JJ announced the launch of the fantastic Twiggy Dancer pant, a denim meets yogawear that transitions seamlessly from work to warrior pose. Trust us, it fits like a second skin. In honor of the innovative new Twiggy Dancer, we asked Chung to give us his top 7 tips on how to wear denim this fall. Hint: you won’t need more than heels and a blazer to make this particular style the perfect item for a night out in Tinseltown.
JAMES CHUNG’S 7 TIPS ON HOW TO WEAR DENIM THIS FALL
- Layer comfort on comfort with a cozy wool or cashmere sweater, and you’ll be perfectly outfitted to curl up with a cup of tea and a good read or frolic in the falling autumn leaves.
- Throw on a long coat and riding boots for an eternally classic look.
- Get sporty with the sneakers that runways have shown undying devotion for over the past several seasons. After all, you can head straight to yoga after work in the James Twiggy Dancer!
- Killer heels and a smart blazer—The Twiggy Dancer in Black Swan takes “office chic” way beyond Casual Fridays.
- With an athletic or graphic tee: ‘sport’ your support for your favorite team in a look comfortably chic enough to cheer them all the way into the endzone.
- The Moto Jacket: the most effortless way to amp up your cool factor when the heat takes a dip.
- With a Bucket Bag: this bag silhouette is slowing shaping up to be the handbag of the season, and we love it for its hold-all utility and undone feel.