Creating the perfect face is a special talent for Louise Lizzo. The San Francisco-based M·A·C Senior Makeup Artist has showcased her artistic talents everywhere from backstage at fashion shows in New York, Milan and Paris to her work with celebrities like Missy Elliott. She draws inspiration from everywhere, but in particular, “old musicals and movies are something I inherently return to,” she explains. “I love to look at the structure of retro makeups – everything was so elegant and glamorous back then.” Here, she shows us how to achieve the summer retro-glam look of pop sensation Rihanna.
1. Prime skin using MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance to give a
beautiful smooth glow that will help control oil.
2. Conceal face where needed using MAC Select Moisturecover concealer. Apply using a soft brush (M·A·C217 Blending Brush).
3. Using a Powder Brush (M·A·C 109 Small Contour Brush), buff Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (in appropriate skin tone shade) all over face to create a flawless natural finish to the skin.
5. To enhance the cheeks and give the skin the “Rihanna summer bronzed finish,” apply MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Sun Power to cheeks and buff upwards into temples using a blush brush (M·A·C Large Angled Contour Brush). Dust cheek bones, bridge of the nose and cupids bow with MAC MineralizeSkin Finish in Soft & Gentle.
6. Using one side of a soft flat brush (MAC 213 Fluff Brush), apply Eye Shadow in Brule under brow and blend down to the crease of the eye. Using the other side of the brush, apply Eye Shadow in Honey Lust all over the eye lid.
7. Using a soft tapered brush (MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush) sweep Eye Shadow in Soft Brown through the crease area of the eye, blending backwards and forwards.
8. With a small angled brush (MAC 226 Small Angle Brush) sweep MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack across the top lash line and wing out slightly at the edge.
9. Apply MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash to top and bottom lashes
10. Apply MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry around the edge of the lip and then fill in the whole lip to give a matte base.
11. Using a lip brush (MAC 316 Lip Brush), cover the whole lip with M·A·C Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick, blot with a tissue and apply a second coat.