Here are the best bets for Father’s Day gifts for yachtsmen.
1. Dad has really done a lot for you so why not reward him with a Ulysse Nardin Marine watch to match his sail boat? There are tons of different navy Ulysse Nardin watches to choose from, but we’re partial to the Manufacture Calibre UN-118.
After all, shouldn’t you get him the original? They come in so many colors you’ll have a touch time choosing.
3. The Borsalino Hat in Hemp Trilby or the Self Band Hat both make great gifts and can be worn off the boat too without looking out of place. $242.
4. You can never go wrong with a classic three-button navy blazer from Ralph Lauren. Just make sure you call his secretary to get his size right. Right now the $1,195 jacket is $699, on Ralph Lauren.com, so you’ll get a little more credit than you deserve.
5. Samsung Galaxy S5. It’s a time honored tradition to get parents technological gadgets they’ll never figure out. However, this Samsung’s screen just might suck him in. It’s totally waterproof— which is ideal for the ocean spray— handy for getting wifi in the bay, or just using it as a fancy compass. Up to him, it’s his day.
6. Does Dad have absolutely everything? Just get him some coasters. It doesn’t matter if his vessel is 35′ or 250′, he’ll still insist you put your cold Cuba Libre on a coaster. $14.95