Planet Blue is a name that every stylish West Side girl knows intimately. This luxe boutique carries curated items from Cosabella, ACNE, Current/Elliott, Elizabeth and James, Naven, Missoni, Mara Hoffman and Pencey, as well as its own line, Blue Life. With roots in Malibu, Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Palo Alto, Planet Blue is the original architect of the Cali-boho-chic aesthetic. Fifteen years ago, founder Ling-Su Chinn opened a 400-square-foot shop stocked with organic cotton clothing and named it Planet Blue. Today she has five locations, two in-house labels and one extremely packed schedule. She has grown her store from a secluded enclave for celebrities and in-the-know locals into a single-store purveyor of curated organic apparel, to an international omni-channel specialty designer and retailer of cutting edge fashion, all the while staying true to the spirit of sunny Southern California. Really, who better than one of L.A.’s true fashionistas, a woman known for carrying and curating what’s cutting edge, to tell you what you must be wearing this summer?
Ling-Su Chenn’s Top 5 Must-Haves for Summer
1. Being in the water, or at least by the water, is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. One of my must haves this year is this suit from Blue Life. It is sexy and playful at the same time making it perfect for any water setting you might find yourself at.
2. Every great summer needs an equally great summer dress to pair perfectly for all of the season’s festivities. The Desert Dreams tiered maxi dress from ale by Alessandra creates a unique boho-chic feel that is light weight and chic to make any woman feel stylish and comfortable in the heat
3. Fresh juice from Pressed Juicery is the most delicious and nutritious thing on the planet. They help provide everything your body needs to help you look and feel amazing.
4. Every great swim suit needs an equally chic cover up to pair perfectly with when in transit between the beach and home or if you are at a casual house pool BBQ. Wear a maxi that creates an elegant feel while also allowing you to show off your bathing suit underneath.
5. Along with many celebrities, my favorite jewelry pieces are by Jacquie Aiche. Her unique designs bring boho-chic to a whole new level with layered gems, gold and silver pieces.