We love combining things. Peanut butter and jelly, pink and grey, watermelon and vodka. But we really love a good fashion collaboration (which doesn’t, as a side bonus, wind up on your hips). Here are the six latest fashion collections we’re dying to see this summer.
1. JENNIFER MEYER FOR THE ZOE REPORT Hollywood jeweler Jennifer Meyer (wife of actor Tobey Maguire) has teamed up with super stylist Rachel Zoe to debut a limited-edition line of baubles with The Zoe Report. The collection comprises three 18-karat gold good luck charms — the horseshoe, elephant and “lucky eye” — inspired by the first piece of Jennifer Meyer jewelry that Zoe’s husband Rodger Berman ever gave her.You can buy the pieces as a single stud, pair of earrings, a necklace or bracelet – if you can find them. Word on the street in L.A. is that they’ve sold out already!
2.ALEXA CHUNG FOR AG ADRIANO GOLDSCHMIED One of London’s favorite fashion waifs, Alexa Chung, is collaborating with denim purveyor AG Adriano Goldschmied on a 20-piece capsule collection.The British model/TV host is helping to create a 20-piece capsule collection for AG Jeans, which will include everything from jeans to overalls to denim dresses and, ahem, the perfect pair of hot pants.
3. KERRY WASHINGTON & LYN PAOLO GET ‘SCANDAL’-OUS FOR THE LIMITED Those who want to emulate Kerry Washington’s wardrobe are getting the chance to do their best Olivia Pope before Halloween. Washington and costume designer Lyn Paolo have teamed with the Limited to create a 42-piece collection inspired by ABC’s hit inside-the-Beltway series. The collaboration is being described as “sophisticated professional” with a neutral palette; it goes on sale in September.
4. FENDI FOR BEATS BY DRE Beats By Dre and Fendi are teaming up for one haute collaboration. During Fendi’s menswear show in Milan, the luxury label debuted its range of headphones for the electronics company, which was recently purchased in a mega-sale by Apple. The headphones are made of the same signature Selleria leather Fendi uses to create its handbags in shades of fire engine red, sunflower yellow, emerald green, and asphalt; there will also be a black crocodile version available in January.
5. DIANE VON FURSTENBERG FOR GOOGLE GLASS Diane Von Furstenberg is putting her chic, classic spin on the new Google Glass. The $1,500 computerized glasses look almost natural with DVF’s magic touch, and very, very desirable to own. Net-A-Porter.com is selling the limited collection in an $1,800 package that include the Glass (in black, green, plum, brown or white), a frame and shade, a mono ear bud and a case. The site’s men-focused companion, MrPorter.com, is selling a $1,650-package with frame varieties of either bold, thin or half-and-half.
6. ZAC POSEN FOR BROOKS BROTHERS Zac Posen is going to breathe chic new life into the classic Brooks Brothers company as the new creative director for its women’s collection and accessories. We can’t wait to see what this line is going to look like!