The Kensington, River North’s newest roof garden and lounge at 812 N. Orleans announces its grand opening May 22 with festivities throughout Memorial Day weekend. The exclusive lounge can accommodate up to 150 people and includes private seating areas, specially crafted libations, elegant ambiance and limitless panoramic skyline views from its rooftop garden. Resting atop the sought after Chicago nightclub, Parliament, The Kensington is fitting for after work cocktails, an intimate evening for two or a night out on the town with a larger group. The rooftop space is accessible from a private alley entrance or through Parliament. Upon entrance, guests’ experiences immediately elevate to a new level with a glass elevator ride to the rooftop that welcomes them with bold graphic patterns, intimate lounge seating, and Chicago skyline views.
Kicking off the launch on Thursday May 22, The Kensington is partnering with Chicago’s Akira boutique to host a fashion show sharing the latest summer trends. Following on Friday and throughout the weekend, The Kensington will feature various events celebrating the grand opening.
Additionally, throughout the summer, The Kensington will co-host special weekly events with Parliament including:
· “Ministry of Industry” Tuesdays: For their industry friends and family, the lounge will open The Kensington Lounge & “House of Lords” Members Room for special access. Guest industry hosts include a rotating selection of the best industry staff Chicago has to offer, topped off by infamous Chicago hosts Carlos R. and Ryan Brooks. Additionally, a roster of Chicago’s leading DJs such as DJ Jordan V and DJ Rock City will rotate in weekly.
· Thursdays POP!: A weekly British themed series hosted by Lord Niles Longshire, the fittest birds and all the blokes who desire them, enjoy the sexiest Thursday night in the Windy City. Chat up your mates while enjoying beats by the city’s hottest DJ’s and smashing sips featuring ABSOLUTE VODKA ELYX and Champagne Perrier-Jouët, including surprise VIP treats before 11pm and the lovely Zhantra Entertainment Chicago birds.
· Sunday Sunset Socials: Not ready for Monday? Lounge at The Kensington and watch the sun set after a long day of Chicago summer fun. Kick back, mingle and savor the end of the weekend with your friends before starting the workweek.
The rooftop lounge invites guests to mingle, snack on bites from Union Sushi + Barbeque Bar and sip on one of ten crafted cocktails freshly mixed with seasonal ingredients. In addition to boutique spirits and an exclusive reserve menu, Kensington’s craft kegged cocktail list delivers a range of spirits including:
· The Sovereign mixed with zacapa rum, rhum clement, raisin cola syrup, averna amaro, lime & bitters. $14
· The Gavel crafted with vodka, butters, honey, lemon and raspberries. $14
· The P.M produced with corzo blanco tequila, cedilla acai berry liquor, fresh lemon & simple syrup. $14
Never a bad seat on the garden, The Kensington combines Old English class with American swag for summer evenings not to be missed. The summer season hours are: Tuesday through Friday 5PM – 11PM, Saturday 7PM – 12AM, and Sunday 7PM – 11PM. For more information about upcoming events or table reservations, please visit http://kensingtonroof.com, follow us on Twitter @parliament_chi, or Facebook at www.facebook.com/kensingtonchicago.
If you don’t want to wait until the end of May to have a great night out and you work in the hospitality, beauty, and arts and entertainment, then I have something much sooner for you. Municipal Bar + Dining Co. (216 W. Ohio St.) are launching their new industry night with a Industry Tasting this Monday, April 21 from 7-9 PM. They will offer the aforementioned industry folks 50% off their entire bill each and every Monday.
The upscale Chicago-centric sports bar and restaurant recently forged an operating partnership with Mercadito Hospitality, and will be rolling out a new menu that highlights inventive sliders later this month. The menu preview will showcase some of the new sliders like the Municipal Dip, Grilled Mushroom, and Lobster Roll, along with tasty appetizer additions like Spinach & Artichoke Dip Bites and Smoked Bacon Deviled Eggs.