Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
Carol Edgarian is a working novelist and cofounder & editor of Narrative Magazine. N
What’s more, this incredible collection of high-quality writing is available for free and on any mobile device, so Narrative is with you on the road. With a staff of 130 worldwide, many of whom are volunteers, Narrative serves as the intersection of modern technology and old-world mentorship, helping writers find their voices and realize their dreams. The magazine’s inspiring mantra speaks to the universal desire to be told a great story. “Stories are more relevant than ever as they speak to a larger truth,” Carol often says. “Literature awakens our hearts and minds.”
1. Narrative Magazine up on my screen. With thousands of stories, poems and essays to choose from in our free, digital modern library, I can always find reading that inspires me.
2. Cup, heart, spoon, golden figurine: each was a gift given to me by dear friends upon completion of one of my books.
3. A journal my youngest daughter made for me.
4. Two of my novels: Rise the Euphrates and Three Stages of Amazement. Keeping them close gives me courage and juice as I write the next one.
5. My Narrative coffee mug. I use it as a pencil holder. I’m inspired by our credo: Tell Me A Story.